IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

International travellers arriving in England now only need to take a Lateral Flow Test and do not need to isolate.

The current rule in Isle of Man states the Fully vaccinated traveller will need to undertake a PCR test within 48 hours of arrival – isolating until a negative result is confirmed.

Surely this should be changed to align with England.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, snowman said:

International travellers arriving in England now only need to take a Lateral Flow Test and do not need to isolate.

The current rule in Isle of Man states the Fully vaccinated traveller will need to undertake a PCR test within 48 hours of arrival – isolating until a negative result is confirmed.

Nope, travellers should be shot on arrival and then kicked 2 days later to make sure they are dead.

Only then will our boarder rules keep the Karens happy

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, snowman said:

It does seem a bit pointless keeping the current ruling now, considering the UK plan. It could be because the experts do not yet know where this is all going since the emergence of the new variant, and what variants may surface out of it, as such the protocol here is to continue to err on the side of caution considering our possibly limited health resources and the knock-on effects to staffing and overall functionality.

It all still remains to be seen. Although the rising case numbers are at once shocking, there are fewer people than who might've been expected admitted to hospital and the infection currently appears less severe. These signs are promising, the virus could be at a turning point. Already Omicron is showing dominance over Delta and some science reports indicate the newly-discovered Cameroon variant to be already obsolete.

20 minutes ago, Paulos The Great said:

Especially if they’re loudmouth VHNWIs 😂

373C8E43-514F-43A8-99E9-48AB5CE583AA.jpeg

His last sentence buggers the whole, imo. I can understand his paranoia but he's making it sound conspiratorial. 

59 minutes ago, snowman said:

Alf said in interview with Moulton today that position will be considered in next week or so , sounds like it may change 

31 minutes ago, Paulos The Great said:

Especially if they’re loudmouth VHNWIs 😂

373C8E43-514F-43A8-99E9-48AB5CE583AA.jpeg

Idiot. That was about the change end of June, and I still think it was the wrong thing to do at the time.

But what's done is done, can't go back on it, can't resurrect the dead, can't undo it for those who have long Covid as a consequence, or have lost income etc. etc. 

Right now I'd say there's no point in treating travellers any different from the rest of us. We have a high prevalence of Covid here, sod all point in testing arriving travellers at all - and they're probably less risk that the general population.  All that the travel regs are doing now is creating more public sector bureaucracy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, craggy_steve said:

Idiot. That was about the change end of June, and I still think it was the wrong thing to do at the time.

But what's done is done, can't go back on it, can't resurrect the dead, can't undo it for those who have long Covid as a consequence, or have lost income etc. etc. 

I’m no idiot and that’s purely YOUR opinion on the borders. That’s all it is. You don’t run the IOM, you’re not medically qualified, you’re not a virologist, you're not an MHK, you’re not anything other than a raving social media covid crackpot with far too much time on their hands. Most of the IOM is sick of listening to you and your bonkers buddies talking incessant bollocks. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Paulos The Great said:

I’m no idiot and that’s purely YOUR opinion on the borders. That’s all it is. You don’t run the IOM, you’re not medically qualified, you’re not a virologist, you're not an MHK, you’re not anything other than a raving social media covid crackpot with far too much time on their hands. Most of the IOM is sick of listening to you and your bonkers buddies talking incessant bollocks. 

Then don't listen. It's up to you whether you read my tweets or not. Not my problem if you don't have the self-control to refrain from glorying in that which offends you. Frankly, in your own words to TVOR, I think

"You’re simply an obnoxious troll who clearly thinks they’re funny when actually you come across as very disturbed."

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, craggy_steve said:

Then don't listen. It's up to you whether you read my tweets or not. Not my problem if you don't have the self-control to refrain from glorying in that which offends you. Frankly, in your own words to TVOR, I think

"You’re simply an obnoxious troll who clearly thinks they’re funny when actually you come across as very disturbed."

The Coven are among us.

6 hours ago, x-in-man said:

We are a test bed for the UK.

i heard last Autumn that by the start of Feb. the UK with be LFT only, by April this year they will only be testing if you are admitted to hospital/due in for a service.  By May tested if admitted with symptoms only in the UK.

Seems to be following what I was told so far

Always thought the IOM would make an ideal Petri dish/science experiment  for the UK (part of a loan agreement!?!) and yet we’ve faired better than anyone could have predicted, we don’t seem to have half the numbers in hospital that were originally projected.

I was happy with what Alf said about reporting numbers but hadn’t considered that the knock on effect may be people relying on the figures to make informed choices. What’s the compromise? 
A state of alertness/number trigger like a traffic light system maybe (Red +3000 active cases etc etc)

• Sad 1