IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

1 hour ago, immortalpuppet said:

I was happy with what Alf said about reporting numbers but hadn’t considered that the knock on effect may be people relying on the figures to make informed choices. What’s the compromise? 
A state of alertness/number trigger like a traffic light system maybe (Red +3000 active cases etc etc)

The numbers are fairly meaning less in themselves as the majority of people I know who have caught Covid are not reporting it. They can not see the point as they know the requirement is to isolate until you test -ve twice 24hrs apart. They are also telling those they have been in contacted with.

Having said that the whilst numbers are being collected and presumably updated into a data base semi automatically it takes seconds to print off and publish a report each date of what has been reported so why not. It does gives people a chance to make more informed choices which can not be a bad thing.

Edited by Lost Login
  • Like 1

People don't seem to care about evidence (or lack of it) and just make their choices or demands based on the bullshit in their heads. 

The risk now of serious consequences to infection if you are either young or vaccinated is astonishingly small. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, immortalpuppet said:

I was happy with what Alf said about reporting numbers but hadn’t considered that the knock on effect may be people relying on the figures to make informed choices. What’s the compromise? 
A state of alertness/number trigger like a traffic light system maybe (Red +3000 active cases etc etc)

Now that the reporting of daily statistics are going to cease, the other restrictions are now utterly useless and futile. The border restrictions should be scrapped, and car parks going back to their original state or built upon. The IOMG are insistent that the TT is going ahead. The IOMG love to dick wave and boast to all and sundry, at least the scrapping of the current rules and return to February 2020, will officially say IOM open for business. Think of the free publicity for the island. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Banker said:

Some mother on social media says that children being told teachers won’t come to work as kids aren’t wearing masks so they don’t feel safe!! 

if the teachers were wearing  effective PPE  it shouldn't matter who else is doing what. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, WTF said:

if the teachers were wearing  effective PPE  it shouldn't matter who else is doing what. 

Apparently many teachers are not wearing masks either but the union is complaining there’s not enough mitigations in place!!! They won’t be happy until they get an extra few weeks off again at home 

• Like 2

Moorhouse’s rather pathetic and whining radio interview exposed what is behind the pupils and masks non-issue. It’s about the teachers and what they want, rather than any evidenced concerns about anyone’s welfare. But that is not particularly unusual. Covid is just another issue for teachers to complain about. Lots of people have difficult jobs, my poor dears. 

• Like 1

Either we are having difficulties with staffing, Covid rising figures and other associated issues or everything in the garden is tickety boo. What is going on with reporting statistics is the Manx Governments laziness, the desire to have its cake and eat it attitude, it’s desire to still control its population and it’s desperation for the TT to be held at any costs. IOMG will say one thing do one thing but at the expense of its residents. The UK is ending PCR testing from foreign places back into the UK being replaced with LFDs. Here it’s talk talk and talk followed by Tynpotwald great debate. End the daily reporting by all means but they have to scrap every restriction going, face the consequences and live with Covid. Or keep the restrictions have a TT but put loads of restrictions on the visitors, and pay out loads of subsidies to Hoteliers, Cafe owners, Restaurants and Pubs/Clubs and other sectors. What’s it to be?

10 minutes ago, joebean said:

Moorhouse’s rather pathetic and whining radio interview exposed what is behind the pupils and masks non-issue. It’s about the teachers and what they want, rather than any evidenced concerns about anyone’s welfare. But that is not particularly unusual. Covid is just another issue for teachers to complain about. Lots of people have difficult jobs, my poor dears. 

The attitude comes from the teachers knowing they have IOM Gov by the balls, the shortage of qualified teachers means they can make their demands known.

9 minutes ago, Annoymouse said:

The attitude comes from the teachers knowing they have IOM Gov by the balls, the shortage of qualified teachers means they can make their demands known.

24 minutes ago, joebean said:

How naive you both are!

PS I am not a teacher and I would not want to be one at the moment

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Banker said:

Why , not enough holidays on top of the extra 3/4 months in last 2 years?

It's a shit job on shit pay and a lot of the general public gives them abuse about it. There's no real surprises as to why there's been a staffing shortage for years.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 1

sum teechers I no r yewsless @ speeling nd grammer.

A lot of them go into the job because of the holidays, not because they want to help educate people. That's probably why a lot of the public do not look up to them as used to be the case many years ago. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1