IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

3 hours ago, pongo said:

Jersey's tourism sector represents something like 8 - 10 % of their economy. Massive compared with here.

Problem is, that 8 - 10% is brought in by the best part of half the working population. Finance brings in the majority, employs a minority. 

As for whomever commented about HNWs choosing Jersey over IOM, Jersey only take in a handful a year. You cannot just walk in and buy, like here.

6 hours ago, Cambon said:

Because Jersey is still in partial lockdown with social distancing and masks, etc. 

Guernsey had better do the same if they copy Jersey. 

They are not wearing masks in Jersey for Christ’s sake.

Stop peddling lies to suit your agenda.

They are socially distancing to 1m which as you full well know is pretty much normal living.

If you can’t put a straight forward & valid argument together, don’t bother.

8 hours ago, pongo said:

That's an incredibly narrow definition of what we mean by markets. There are lots of other markets.

I will say this again: nobody is saying that the local economy is doing well. The case being made by sensible people is that it is doing much better than it would be if we were still locked down. For that we can thank the measures which have been taken.

Markets generally means stock markets but if you’re picking some random think like gold  then you may find one thing booming, just admit you’re wrong.

and actually you & cambon say the economy is doing well, your quote from yesterday!

Theeconomy  here is doing well. 

16 minutes ago, Albert Tatlock said:

Let’s hope he wasn’t tested positive?

Covid with with your Penang Curry Sir?

Some track & trace job ...

2 hours ago, Albert Tatlock said:

The hearing was told the restaurant owner had initially refused to make a statement to police, and customers who’d dealt with Dimitrov that night now had to be traced and might have to quarantine themselves.

Little fucker should be banged up too.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Nom de plume said:

They are not wearing masks in Jersey for Christ’s sake.

Stop peddling lies to suit your agenda.

They are socially distancing to 1m which as you full well know is pretty much normal living.

If you can’t put a straight forward & valid argument together, don’t bother.

Really? When are you going to put your case forward as to how test on arrival and partial lockdown, which will cost a very good number of jobs, will have a positive effect on th economy. I have told you how it will negatively affect it.

In Jersey, you wear masks in shops. One metre social distancing is WHO standard. Besides, that is a small part of their current measures. 

You are one telling half truths to suit your agenda, which can only be that you want to go on holiday!

1 minute ago, gettafa said:

The hearing was told the restaurant owner had initially refused to make a statement to police, and customers who’d dealt with Dimitrov that night now had to be traced and might have to quarantine themselves.

Little fucker should be banged up too.

He has been. Eight weeks quarantine! 

13 minutes ago, Cambon said:

Really? When are you going to put your case forward as to how test on arrival and partial lockdown, which will cost a very good number of jobs, will have a positive effect on th economy. I have told you how it will negatively affect it.

In Jersey, you wear masks in shops. One metre social distancing is WHO standard. Besides, that is a small part of their current measures. 

You are one telling half truths to suit your agenda, which can only be that you want to go on holiday!

More rubbish, you quoted 1000 job losses from testing on arrival and when challenged how you calculated that there was silence!

Jersey have saved & created jobs by testing all arrivals which is probably why Guernsey are planning same thing.

31 minutes ago, Cambon said:

Holiday?

Read back through the thread you absolute balloon.

1 hour ago, Banker said:

More rubbish, you quoted 1000 job losses from testing on arrival and when challenged how you calculated that there was silence!

Jersey have saved & created jobs by testing all arrivals which is probably why Guernsey are planning same thing.

Who challenged me? I never saw it. The answer is simple, and if you had read my posts properly, you would have seen that the only safe way we can go to test on arrival is to also adapt the rest of Jersey's restrictions, which include shutting down clubs, night clubs, cinemas, theatres, swimming pools, many hymns and associated businesses. We would also have to reduce the number of tables in restaurants and pubs. Pubs do table service only which limits the number of punters, all of which reduce staff requirements. A mere thousand is conservative. 

Guernsey will have to do the same thing. 

The only jobs Jersey has saved are a few in the tourism sector, which will go at the end of this month.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Cambon said:

Who challenged me? I never saw it. The answer is simple, and if you had read my posts properly, you would have seen that the only safe way we can go to test on arrival is to also adapt the rest of Jersey's restrictions, which include shutting down clubs, night clubs, cinemas, theatres, swimming pools, many hymns and associated businesses. We would also have to reduce the number of tables in restaurants and pubs. Pubs do table service only which limits the number of punters, all of which reduce staff requirements. A mere thousand is conservative. 

Guernsey will have to do the same thing. 

The only jobs Jersey has saved are a few in the tourism sector, which will go at the end of this month.

More lies , gyms , swimming pools, cinemas all open in Jersey so stop posting rubbish.restaurants etc all very busy plus tourist accommodation .

also their flumes work in pools which is more than we can say!!

Also Guernsey will take no notice of what you say as they have already announced it will be passive surveillance only after negative testing so no impact on restaurants etc so stop the lies and scare stories