IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

23 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

How naive you both are!

PS I am not a teacher and I would not want to be one at the moment

I think most of us recognise the naivety here… the “think about the children!” card has been played to death by the teacher unions over the years and most of us can see past it now. If this is about anybody’s welfare, evidence it. Mr Moorhouse, the union spokesman, couldn’t.. 

• Like 1

Just now, monasqueen said:

sum teechers I no r yewsless @ speeling nd grammer.

A lot of them go into the job because of the holidays, not because they want to help educate people. That's probably why a lot of the public do not look up to them as used to be the case many years ago. 

To some being a teacher is a springboard to becoming a politician in later, the same with being a post person.

• Haha 4

5 hours ago, TheTeapot said:

People don't seem to care about evidence (or lack of it) and just make their choices or demands based on the bullshit in their heads. 

The risk now of serious consequences to infection if you are either young or vaccinated is astonishingly small. 

But we have to maintain the FEAR!!!

According to WHO it's DEADLY!!! Who am I to argue with the World Health Organization when we're ALL GOING TO DIE!!

Deadly Omicron should not be called mild, warns WHO
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-59901547

giphy.gif

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TheTeapot said:

People don't seem to care about evidence (or lack of it) and just make their choices or demands based on the bullshit in their heads. 

The risk now of serious consequences to infection if you are either young or vaccinated is astonishingly small. 

On an individual basis that is probably correct but I would prefer not to be involved in an accident this weekend, have a stroke or a heart attack and find that an Ambulance can not reach me, I have a long wait to be seen in A&E, or a hospital does not have a bed to treat for me as a large number of staff are off sick or the hospital is over run with patients because people were too selfish to take simple precautions to try and limit the spread. Similarly if I had a cancer diagnosis missed for X months.

When the army has to be sent in to keep hospitals going it does appear to me that the majority of cases may not be severe but the impact on society maybe.  

I say probably correct as I do not know what you consider "serious consequences" to be nor how you define astonishingly small. They seem subjective and that another might take a different view of the same facts.

Nobody should be spreading fear but equally nobody should be spreading the message that the impact of the disease is totally inconsequential. We need to live with the disease and I will repeat my mantra that the best and quickest way that will come about is if we start being considerate to others and take steps to try and mitigate its spread and infection of others. 

• Like 7

8 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

Classic rant on IOM N&P today claiming secret civil servants are attending lessons and quietly asking the kids what they have to do to make them comply with masks as some teachers aren’t coming in because it’s too scary. 

544C1195-02A1-4087-A92E-C67CA7CD46C2.jpeg

Hmmmm, when Manx Forums openly meets Isle of Man News and Politics Facebook.

1 hour ago, Lost Login said:

On an individual basis that is probably correct but I would prefer not to be involved in an accident this weekend, have a stroke or a heart attack and find that an Ambulance can not reach me, I have a long wait to be seen in A&E, or a hospital does not have a bed to treat for me as a large number of staff are off sick or the hospital is over run with patients because people were too selfish to take simple precautions to try and limit the spread. Similarly if I had a cancer diagnosis missed for X months.

When the army has to be sent in to keep hospitals going it does appear to me that the majority of cases may not be severe but the impact on society maybe.  

I say probably correct as I do not know what you consider "serious consequences" to be nor how you define astonishingly small. They seem subjective and that another might take a different view of the same facts.

Nobody should be spreading fear but equally nobody should be spreading the message that the impact of the disease is totally inconsequential. We need to live with the disease and I will repeat my mantra that the best and quickest way that will come about is if we start being considerate to others and take steps to try and mitigate its spread and infection of others. 

Actually, the quickest way to achieve the living with it mantra is to stop being considerate of others and not take steps to try to mitigate its spread and let it infect as many as possible as quickly as possible. 

With regard to the army being called in to help London hospitals, there is a lack of staff due to people who are not sick but have tested positive and have to isolate. The hospitals themselves are actually very quiet apart from Covid wards and A&E where ambulances are arriving with mainly Covid patients. Most other wards are pretty empty because so much has been cancelled.

The same is true here. The hospital is very quiet from an inpatient point of view. There are probably 100 people not in hospital due to recovery from operations and treatment because of 9 Covid patients. 

• Sad 1

Ashy has been on the NPM today saying the covid fund top up for the restaurants, hospitality etc is likely to be the last (approx £9m). He’s optimistic, I can see a shitstorm on social media especially IOMNP Facebook page, the unions having a hissy fit and then the restaurant and hospitality lobby up in arms. It’s something that we will be paying for a long time, and it’s leaving scars both mentally, emotionally and invisibly. If Ashy is claiming that’s your lot for handouts, he and Alf needs to end immediate restrictions, open the border fully, no more LFDs testing within 12 hours, no more compulsory mask wearing and tell all sundry the IOM is open for business.

It is going to be chaos come TT arrivals at the sea terminal coming off the Ben and Manannan with QR codes, waiting scanning distribution of LFDs etc. The airport can’t cope with 1 plane of passengers, let alone 2 or 3 planes will result in gridlock and errors.