IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

On 12/31/2021 at 9:46 AM, Ramseyboi said:

Not at all.

Let’s see what happens to figures next week.  If these cases are all legit they will continue to rise.  My gut feeling is we will be back down to about 150-200 a day by this time next week when people stop playing the system 

There was much hilarity around this post last Friday, and any suggestion that people were playing the system by faking results to get time off around the bank holidays and so inflating the figures was laughed out of town.

People laughed that the post showed a lack of understanding of how exponential growth works - exponential growth would have seen the figures now at thousands.

I note nobody posts when the figures drop.  Now they aren't down to"150 - 200" as suggested but they are down by 57% from that day having dropped gradually other than a rise around the time that if people had reported a "case" they could extend their New Year Break without going back to work. Funny that.

Attached a graph showing "cases" since the 23rd adjusted by 24 hours in line with the dashboard.  Two peaks - both on the day after a long Bank Holiday weekend.

Screenshot 2022-01-07 at 15.32.18.png

Edited by For one night only
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, offshoremanxman said:

Classic rant on IOM N&P today claiming secret civil servants are attending lessons and quietly asking the kids what they have to do to make them comply with masks as some teachers aren’t coming in because it’s too scary. 

When I was at school if they told me that I'd take have taken my mask off. 

4 minutes ago, For one night only said:

There was much hilarity around this post last Friday, and a suggestion that people were playing the system by faking results to get time off around the bank holidays and so inflating the figures.

People laughed that the post showed a lack of understanding of how exponential growth works - exponential growth would have seen the figures now at thousands.

I note nobody posts when the figures drop.  Now they aren't down to"150 - 200" as suggested but they are down by 57% from that day having dropped gradually other than a rise around the time that if people had reported a "case" they could extend their New Year Break without going back to work. Funny that.

Attached a graph showing "cases" since the 23rd adjusted by 24 hours in line with the dashboard.  Two peaks - both on the day after a long Bank Holiday weekend.

Thanks Ramsey Boi😂

Apparently people are waiting until Monday to register results as they get £300 isolation payments wef Monday 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Cambon said:

Actually, the quickest way to achieve the living with it mantra is to stop being considerate of others and not take steps to try to mitigate its spread and let it infect as many as possible as quickly as possible. 

With regard to the army being called in to help London hospitals, there is a lack of staff due to people who are not sick but have tested positive and have to isolate. The hospitals themselves are actually very quiet apart from Covid wards and A&E where ambulances are arriving with mainly Covid patients. Most other wards are pretty empty because so much has been cancelled.

The same is true here. The hospital is very quiet from an inpatient point of view. There are probably 100 people not in hospital due to recovery from operations and treatment because of 9 Covid patients. 

Hospitals aren't as quiet as you make them out to be.

The lack of staff isn't the only problem, the fact you have to seperate COVID+ patients from non-COVID patients adds significantly to your problems.

They're only cancelling electives because the beds aren't there. Care homes won't take patients back who are COVID+, even if they're feeling alright. The same goes for a breadth of adult social care. Beds are being filled because of a lacking onward support chain.

Overall, in Greater Manchester, 90% of beds are occupied. Excluding intensive care, that figure rises to 96%. That's not exactly a lot of room.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/operations-cancelled-covid-hospitalisations-doubling-22657705

45 minutes ago, For one night only said:

There was much hilarity around this post last Friday, and a suggestion that people were playing the system by faking results to get time off around the bank holidays and so inflating the figures.

Why does this plot show 320 or so on Wednesday when it was 449? And 270 or so yesterday when it was 448?

EDIT: Oh, the week before. Why's it back up this time then? More people skiving? Or just the generally predicted results of people mixing over the NY period?
EDIT2: Oh no it's the same period. NYE was only a week ago somehow.

Edited by HeliX
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, HeliX said:

Why does this plot show 320 or so on Wednesday when it was 449? And 270 or so yesterday when it was 448?

Where are you getting those from - Not the government dashboard.  All figures are shifted back 24 hours to show the actual day they were recorded rather than published.

This is what was published yesterday, so reported the day before - wednesday.

Screenshot 2022-01-07 at 16.31.41.png

11 minutes ago, HeliX said:

EDIT: Oh, the week before. Why's it back up this time then? More people skiving? Or just the generally predicted results of people mixing over the NY period?

He has to doctor the dates etc to fit in with his beliefs. He also has to ignore the fact that reporting results is not mandatory so many people are not. How many? Probably nobody really knows but it is no surprise results might be higher after a weekend as if you report in sick your firm might require you to get an isolation notice, especially if they are going to claim in respect of sick pay.

6 minutes ago, For one night only said:

Where are you getting those from - Not the government dashboard.  All figures are shifted back 24 hours to show the actual day they were recorded rather than published.

This is what was published yesterday, so reported the day before - wednesday.

Screenshot 2022-01-07 at 16.31.41.png

My eyes don't work and I was just reading the middle column as new cases. It is Friday in my defense.

• Like 1