IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

48 minutes ago, For one night only said:

There was much hilarity around this post last Friday, and any suggestion that people were playing the system by faking results to get time off around the bank holidays and so inflating the figures was laughed out of town.

People laughed that the post showed a lack of understanding of how exponential growth works - exponential growth would have seen the figures now at thousands.

I note nobody posts when the figures drop.  Now they aren't down to"150 - 200" as suggested but they are down by 57% from that day having dropped gradually other than a rise around the time that if people had reported a "case" they could extend their New Year Break without going back to work. Funny that.

Attached a graph showing "cases" since the 23rd adjusted by 24 hours in line with the dashboard.  Two peaks - both on the day after a long Bank Holiday weekend.

Screenshot 2022-01-07 at 15.32.18.png

It's interesting and could be true.

However if I was peer reviewing your conclusion I would say your dataset was far too small to make such a conclusion. 

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Lost Login said:

He also has to ignore the fact that reporting results is not mandatory so many people are not

That was the whole point you loon.

We all know loads of people aren't logging tests.  The point was that the "jump" in figures that people "make decisions" on was people who were reporting stuff they otherwise wouldn't in order for time off work.

2 minutes ago, For one night only said:

Are you disputing the point that we haven't seen exponential rise, the figures are down, and that peaks were on the days people would benefit most from days off?

Or just being an arse?

Might, might not, but since as Ramseyboi you post on here under different names to laugh at people etc, I can't be arsed engaging with you..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Lost Login said:

Might, might not, but since as Ramseyboi you post on here under different names to laugh at people etc, I can't be arsed engaging with you..

Ramseyboi got banned - for posting apparently, and I just came back to make my point.  The clue is in the user name.

Your admission that it is actually probably correct and you cant be arsed debating it proves my point.

Laters

11 minutes ago, For one night only said:

Where are you getting those from - Not the government dashboard.  All figures are shifted back 24 hours to show the actual day they were recorded rather than published.

This is what was published yesterday, so reported the day before - wednesday.

Screenshot 2022-01-07 at 16.31.41.png

Anyway, I'm gonna beat Ramseyboi to it. Roughly 300 cases down today compared to yesterday. 

Time to 'crack on' ?

21 minutes ago, For one night only said:

That was the whole point you loon.

We all know loads of people aren't logging tests.  The point was that the "jump" in figures that people "make decisions" on was people who were reporting stuff they otherwise wouldn't in order for time off work.

Not sure there will be a huge amount of people just wanting time off work.  I would say the majority want to do the right thing.

But if your default position is that most people are workshy, self-serving and untrustworthy, then that is a conclusion you can easily come to. TBH, the workshy ones will already be known to their manager.  The majority will do the right thing. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Gladys said:

Not sure there will be a huge amount of people just wanting time off work.  I would say the majority want to do the right thing.

But if your default position is that most people are workshy, self-serving and untrustworthy, then that is a conclusion you can easily come to. TBH, the workshy ones will already be known to their manager.  The majority will do the right thing. 

So why the two obvious peaks?

5 minutes ago, HeliX said:

A couple of days after Boxing Day and a couple of days after NYE/NYD? Surely there's an obvious second possibility...

It’s a possibility, but isn’t the gestation period said to be 4-6 days?

Certainly everyone I know who has had it, others in their house haven’t tested positive for at least 5 days after.

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, For one night only said:

It’s a possibility, but isn’t the gestation period said to be 4-6 days?

Certainly everyone I know who has had it, others in their house haven’t tested positive for at least 5 days after.

WHO/CDC reckon 2-3 days median for Omicron. Delta was 4-6(ish).

• Like 1