IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

While we have all already had too much enforced time off recently, if you go back to before Covid, it was not unusual to declare that one had the 'Flu' and needed two days off. Of course, real "Flu' was quite debilitating and required more than a 'Day off'.

They had a cold, and played on it?

It complicates the current situation, if you can afford 5 days off, why not?

If you want to make your employer believe you were really Ill, leave your dressing gown on and speak, on the phone, with a pained i ' m v e r y ill v oi c e!!!

5 hours ago, Lost Login said:

I say probably correct as I do not know what you consider "serious consequences" to be nor how you define astonishingly small. They seem subjective and that another might take a different view of the same facts.

I'd describe serious consequences as requiring critical care, and I'd define astonishingly small through the medium of a bar chart

Edited by TheTeapot
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

I'd describe serious consequences as requiring critical care, and I'd define astonishingly small through the medium of a bar chart

I think this misses what LL was getting at with regards to knock-on effect on other services though.

40 minutes ago, For one night only said:

It’s a possibility, but isn’t the gestation period said to be 4-6 days?

Certainly everyone I know who has had it, others in their house haven’t tested positive for at least 5 days after.

I have just come out of 8 days isolation.  The other occupant hasn't tested positive.  Mind you, when they had it in July, neither did I.

No idea where I got it, but I did.  I reported the positive LFT and isolated.  It made no difference to my job as I work from home anyway (and started a new job).  

So, what is your analysis of that? Am I workshy, angling for a bit of time off? 

You, on the other hand, have tested positive and applied your own rules.  My analysis of that? 

Well, it would be unkind. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TheTeapot said:

But the knock on effects are caused by policy, not actual illness. 

Also, I was answering the bit I quoted.

Sure, but changing that policy for hospital staff who are in significant contact with clinically extremely vulnerable patients might not be a good idea...

• Like 2