IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

3 minutes ago, Cambon said:

So, shorty before Christmas, I heard Alf say that anyone arriving on IoM had to take a LFT within 12 hours, and then One a day for 7 days, and report the results. However, there is nothing on IOMG website that displays easily from google, etc. Any thoughts?  

They only need to record positive tests not daily negative 

7 minutes ago, Cambon said:

So, shorty before Christmas, I heard Alf say that anyone arriving on IoM had to take a LFT within 12 hours, and then One a day for 7 days, and report the results. However, there is nothing on IOMG website that displays easily from google, etc. Any thoughts?  

No you didn’t.

he might have encouraged 7 day tests but that is all.

33 minutes ago, For one night only said:

I have never tested positive using the same test you did.

What is your analysis of that?  Maybe you other occupant would have tested positive if they had ventured beyond a nasal swab? If no one else is going the extra mile why should I?

Did you call 111 for guidance as I suggested?

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Did you call 111 for guidance as I suggested?

Yes. They suggested I take nasal swabs as in the instructions and that if those were clear I was good to go.

I have stayed home for a week anyway as a precaution, during which time I have seen more evidence that for omicron a throat swab is more likely to show an early and accurate result.

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Cambon said:

I was away during the week, upon my return, was given a LFD. I found the information/request on the front of the box - a sticker advising users how to record, and the information to put down doesn’t match with the form on the website. For example it tells you about recording the serial number, batch code etc along using the reference CTA Travel. The form in the website doesn’t allow for the user to put in specific information. I completed the form and sent it. So far I assume it’s okay as I’ve heard nothing - poorly designed, I’ll thought out.

7 minutes ago, For one night only said:

Did your housemate take the extra precaution of a throat swab? Or have they just been out and about when you were positive and so they likely are as well?

No, they have been at home, testing regularly.  We have abided by all guidance because despite having opinions, neither of us are qualified to make value judgements.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, For one night only said:

Yes. They suggested I take nasal swabs as in the instructions and that if those were clear I was good to go.

I have stayed home for a week anyway as a precaution, during which time I have seen more evidence that for omicron a throat swab is more likely to show an early and accurate result.

You should have said earlier.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, 2112 said:

I was away during the week, upon my return, was given a LFD. I found the information/request on the front of the box - a sticker advising users how to record, and the information to put down doesn’t match with the form on the website. For example it tells you about recording the serial number, batch code etc along using the reference CTA Travel. The form in the website doesn’t allow for the user to put in specific information. I completed the form and sent it. So far I assume it’s okay as I’ve heard nothing - poorly designed, I’ll thought out.

Thanks. On the grounds that you can fly in from Heysham  Port at any time of day, I am not surprised; apart from how much longer the public will stand for this horrendous civil unservice! 

1 hour ago, HeliX said:

Sure, but changing that policy for hospital staff who are in significant contact with clinically extremely vulnerable patients might not be a good idea...

At some point the risk of having no staff is worse than the risk of having staff who would test positive on LFT but are otherwise well and continue to follow appropriate infection control measures. 

See London for a possible example. 

In 2020 at one point Belgium were so short of staff that they had covid positive staff at work if they felt well enough, before LFTs were mainstream. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Annoymouse said:

Naive? I’ve been told first hand exactly what’s going on, by one of the exact whining twats who’ll never be happy as a school teacher because they’re in it for all the wrong reasons.

Oh dear. One swallow doth not a summer make. Seems like you need a spoonful of sugar to ease your bitterness.

Not all teachers are like that. Some maybe. But not all. Not the ones I know anyway. 

I'm happy that I am not one. I wouldn't want to spend the day with a load of snotty kids. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1