IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

16 minutes ago, James Blonde said:

What is human biology completely different there? 

The UK/IOM had already built up massively more resistance by way of vaccines compared to SA... People knew that, some just chose not to acknowledge it. 

Yes completely different they had only just got over the delta variant and so many will have had immunity build up, the age demographic is also younger so when Omicron hit they had immunity and as all much younger the response from there is not analogous to the IoM at all

2 minutes ago, alpha-acid said:

Yes completely different they had only just got over the delta variant and so many will have had immunity build up, the age demographic is also younger so when Omicron hit they had immunity and as all much younger the response from there is not analogous to the IoM at all

I forgot the UK didn't have a massive Delta wave. 

But weren't the doomer scientists telling us Omicron was deadly because it was so different to Delta?

Edited by James Blonde
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, wrighty said:

At some point the risk of having no staff is worse than the risk of having staff who would test positive on LFT but are otherwise well and continue to follow appropriate infection control measures. 

See London for a possible example. 

In 2020 at one point Belgium were so short of staff that they had covid positive staff at work if they felt well enough, before LFTs were mainstream. 

That does not make Scientific sense all you would do is a mass cull of the vulnerable, you are Boris Johnson and I claim my £5.00

2 minutes ago, James Blonde said:

I forgot the UK didn't have a massive Delta wave. 

But weren't the doomer scientists telling us Omicron was deadly because it was so different to Delta?

They did but ours was not followed by the Omicron straight after idiot

3 minutes ago, Paulos The Great said:

Survival of the fittest has been the biological imperative since time began.

But not the moral and ethical one Darwinism should not be taking place in the human race in this so called enlightened age

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Gladys said:

It's early, wait for an hour or so. 

Gladys, you're generally an intelligent poster, especially on due dilligence, if you've nothing to add to the debate, wouldn't it be be better to butt out lest it seems like you are waiting for any opportunity, however feeble, to have a go at me because of our past history?

Anyway, 'scuse me, I need to go to the off license before I drive those Russian Mafia in my Taxi!!!

Edited by Kopek
  • Haha 1