IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

1 hour ago, wrighty said:

Take it to the extreme.  Imagine all the doctors and nurses, and paramedics, are isolating at home due to positive LFTs. Most of them are well, but rules say 7 days at home.  You turn up at A&E to find the doors shut and the lights off.  Sort yourself out, best of luck.

Perhaps in that scenario, it might be better to allow the staff back to work after 5 days, or 3 days, or when they feel up to it and scrap the tests. 

Does that make sense?

This is the most sense that's been spoken this week on the subject. 

Hopefully something that's actively under consideration by CanCom.

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, Paulos The Great said:

Most of the IOM is PMSL at you and your mental covid mates. 

Grammatically speaking, most of the IOM is 'pissing myself laughing' with myself referring to you?

Does that mean that you or are being collectively expelled? That sounds worse than passing a kidney stone for all involved.

5 minutes ago, AcousticallyChallenged said:

Grammatically speaking, most of the IOM is 'pissing myself laughing' with myself referring to you?

Does that mean that you or are being collectively expelled? That sounds worse than passing a kidney stone for all involved.

You’re totally mental too. Nobody cares now. Literally nobody.

Edited by Paulos The Great

Just now, Paulos The Great said:

You’re the metal one fella. Spewing your guts over Twitter. Embarrassing. Proper fucking meltdown clown. 

I really must be ferrous tonight, that's the second time I've been called metal. Maybe I should invest in some spiky boots.

Where's my twitter? I keep hearing that I have one but I've never actually found it. I'm dreadfully excited about it now, apparently I've been posting all sorts.

Perhaps we're at the stage of the evening where in some cases we've moved from survival of the fittest to survival of those at the bottom of a bottle of pinot.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, AcousticallyChallenged said:

I really must be ferrous tonight, that's the second time I've been called metal. Maybe I should invest in some spiky boots.

Where's my twitter? I keep hearing that I have one but I've never actually found it. I'm dreadfully excited about it now, apparently I've been posting all sorts.

Perhaps we're at the stage of the evening where in some cases we've moved from survival of the fittest to survival of those at the bottom of a bottle of pinot.

I don’t give a shit to be honest. If you can’t find your own Twitter account then search for the main one in the IOM that’s been loudly shitting its pants for the last two years about covid. Wall to wall embarrassment. 

6 hours ago, Paulos The Great said:

You’re the mental one fella. Spewing your guts over Twitter. Embarrassing. Proper fucking meltdown clown. 

FFS you’re worse than Ramsey Boi for posting absolute shite & slagging everyone off who doesn’t agree with you 

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, Banker said:

FFS you’re worse than Ramsey Boi for posting absolute shite & slagging everyone off who doesn’t agree with you 

I suspect drink may have been involved. It's about time a few of them were expelled. Boring circular arguments and a slanging match that no-one is interested in. Glad I was asleep. 

• Like 5

11 hours ago, James Blonde said:

The evidence was already there in South Africa to support the view that Omicron was milder. 

Yet you and others rolled out the age old 'we have to wait and see, we have to wait and see'. 

Yes there was evidence from SA but the IoM & UK are completely different to SA so scientists would have to make assumptions as to how much correlation there would be. Just one example of the difference is that SA is in the middle of its summer not in the depths a cold damp winter which does affect the amount of respiratory disease about.

12 minutes ago, Lost Login said:

Just one example of the difference is that SA is in the middle of its summer not in the depths a cold damp winter which does affect the amount of respiratory disease about.

They had a huge wave at the same time last year.

55 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

This will be the tipping point. At the moment we’re waiting to see which way it swings. With the lack of severity of Omicron, the number of vaccinated, the lack of serious infection in the young, I agree with your suggestion, however, I’d be interested to know (in your opinion) if there’s still time for it all to level itself out while keeping the status quo?

If not, then really it’s a no-brainer.

I can see some becoming really anxious at the prospect however  

I think we’re probably over the hump, and judging by a BBC news report I’ve seen this morning the beds/waiting time/ambulance queuing crisis is no worse than 2016, or 2018-19. The difference this year is staffing. 

I think as usual the NHS will muddle through, with the main issue being the silent stoics patiently waiting for elective procedures.  We may see a change to testing and isolation later in the year when people become more comfortable with covid having become akin to a cold. 

• Like 1