IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

12 minutes ago, ManxTaxPayer said:

An embarrassment to trolling. But still passes a bit of time on here. 

Under a different name? I believe we can’t use the expression to call a multiple name poster. 

Edited by 2112

13 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Imagine if you will a situation where a retired GP tells you that a mass vaccination campaign having the effect of bringing the consequences of infection down to the level of a cold is "nonsense".

I fucking hate doomers.

What is the background?  That sounds insane.

6 hours ago, craggy_steve said:

If they're not symptomatic, and their employer consents, I can't see a big problem in allowing the Positives to return to work with the condition that they wear an unvented FFP3 / N99 mask at all times and observe good hygiene (hand washing, yada yada...) until their infection has passed. Obviously that's not going to be appropriate for all employers or all job roles, but it could significantly reduce the numbers stuck at home when they could be working.

FFP3 / N99 masks have an "open" vent for breathing out, its just the in breath that is filtered so that is a really bad idea.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Boris Johnson said:

FFP3 / N99 masks have an "open" vent for breathing out, its just the in breath that is filtered so that is a really bad idea.

Precisely why I specified "unvented". 

Here you go.... https://www.3m.co.uk/3M/en_GB/p/d/v000125642/

There are other brands available https://www.medisave.co.uk/ffp3-face-mask-x20.html

• Sad 2

7 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

Dont think all do. I'm sure I had some purchased for Easy jet travel that were non vented

They ripped you off then.

FFP3 and the like masks are desiigned to stop you breathing IN shit. 

Your out breath is done by a small, about 20mm dia' one way valve without filtration.

16 minutes ago, Boris Johnson said:

No it isn't.  You're confusing a particular type of FFP2/FFP3 which has a valve and is meant for filtering out particles coming in only (eg in building work) with the sort being used here where the filter works both ways.  As this useful recent article on masks says:

It is also important to choose a mask that does not have a plastic valve on the front or side, as some FFP masks do. Masks with valves let a portion of your breath out unfiltered, so they give insufficient protection to those around you.

It's worth reading the whole thing as it is good advice and also illustrates how there's such an unwillingness to learn new things from the last two years.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Boris Johnson said:

They ripped you off then.

FFP3 and the like masks are desiigned to stop you breathing IN shit. 

Your out breath is done by a small, about 20mm dia' one way valve without filtration.

https://www.protectivemasksdirect.co.uk/non-valved-ffp3-mask-individual-hy9330

To quote the site selling them.

'The non valved FFP3 mask is used by many UK NHS trusts'

• Like 1