IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

35 minutes ago, James Blonde said:

You're right. It's the thin end of a wedge. Once they establish a charging mechanism then it won't 'just' be for Covid. It will spread to the examples you have listed then to people who have an 'unhealthy' BMI.

As others have said, I don't necessarily disagree with this approach though. If someone wants to make poor lifestyle decisions then they should have to pay for them, literally and figuratively. 

However I'd like a reduction in direct taxation to reflect this though. Which won't happen.  

3 minutes ago, Danoo said:

As others have said, I don't necessarily disagree with this approach though. If someone wants to make poor lifestyle decisions then they should have to pay for them, literally and figuratively. 

However I'd like a reduction in direct taxation to reflect this though. Which won't happen.  

It's a slippery slope. Should expectant parents then pay for having a baby delivered? 

Personally I prefer the all inclusive free at the point of need option, but I can see why others would prefer different approaches. 

7 minutes ago, opusManx said:

Yeah. It looks like a bit of political theatre thus far. Short on details regarding implementation. Already grumblings of court challenges. He may just be waving the stick to elicit some compliance...I guess he never heard of the boy who cried wolf Lol

Well Austria are starting fines for unvaccinated soon with Italy adopting for over 60s and Greece over 60s

https://apnews.com/article/fact-checking-181673194367

1 minute ago, opusManx said:

The hypothetical being discussed (posited by The Phantom) was of someone who was not vaxxed. That person should not be surprised when society acts for it's own benefit and insists he/she pay for their own self-endangerment.

That's selfish. My argument that we should pay for everyone's care, whether we could end up in their situation or not, is not selfish.