IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

1 minute ago, offshoremanxman said:

That’s a fairly shitty policy to be honest. Some people who don’t have the vaccine do so for genuine reasons. They’re not all looney anti-vaxxer’s. 

Lots of major companies are bringing it in & exemption for those who have genuine medical reasons for being unvaccinated 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

That’s a fairly shitty policy to be honest. Some people who don’t have the vaccine do so for genuine reasons. They’re not all looney anti-vaxxer’s. 

If your cut and past had included my last sentence you would have seen it said  "Obviously there are exceptions for medical reasons." OK I should have added etc to that sentence as obviously if you there is genuine reason with regard to not being vaccinated then the policy is not applied.

Only statutory sick pay is a right and I don't have a problem with firms have some limitations with regard to paying to staff  who don't see that both sides have obligations to each other. Most staff are great but there are some who just want to take, take, take.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, offshoremanxman said:

Both that’s an opinion only. Your opinion. Plenty of other people have different opinions

That's right. I wouldn't post something that wasn't my opinion would I? 

I could be brave and say this is also the opinion of people who, in my opinion,  know what they are talking about and have the qualifications to demonstrate that. 

• Like 1

Headline data is still available for those that want to manage risk according to what’s being reported. The problem of course is that there is still an under current of people not reporting their results.

Having the test volume and working out the positive % seems like a nonsense to me but that’s what the crusty miserable lizards on Twitter seem to want.

I believe that we are at the point where we understand on the whole where it’s appropriate to manage risk and put in mitigations (care settings, vulnerable people). I think that will be with us for the foreseeable future and it’s not a bad thing at all.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Chef Raekwon said:

The twitter doom lovers are working themselves in to an angry frenzy over it. 

Some of those Tweets are deranged. Do they literally live their lives by the Covid dashboards and the general doom statistics? Some seem really disappointed that the information will be so high level now that people literally can’t obsess about it all anymore. 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

The disappointment in this is almost palpable. The Simon and Garfunkel of pandemic doom “Hello covid, my old friend I've come to talk with you again … “ 🤪🤪

48534A5E-240F-4C08-9BA7-D26A2F09B3D7.jpeg

The whole covid thing has been a battle of minds.  First, to get people on side to do the right thing, and now to turn off the fear.  Which is what many have said for a very long time. 

It is surprising how many intelligent people seem to be completely devoid of rational thought on this.  Yet how many are ignoring the very real, and often fatal, impact restrictions have had and continue to have? 

As we have said, the cure should not be worse than the thing it is intending to cure. 

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, Banker said:

Poor Steve is not a happy chap today !!

He’s lucky. Some of those Hermes delivery guys didn’t get paid for months during the border controls. Rather than dump his post by his back gate they’d probably of crapped through the letter box of such a lockdown nutter. 

• Haha 2

31 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

A906D10E-91FB-4481-96F1-4DD636D6CCDF.jpeg

That poster is the worst of the lot. Poisonous. Hypocritical too. Ask her how her holidays have been in the pandemic while she's demanding everyone else do what she wants to make her feel safe. On top of that she is thick as fuck. No comprehension of reality at all. 

I am, of course, blocked by her.

• Like 2

She was another one (of many) who refuse to accept that vaccines would do the job, and that everything else is just bollocks, but then there are loads of them. Vaccines work.

I can't be bothered finding an up to date one, but masks etc 'plan B' very obviously don't (see also everywhere else including many with much stricter restrictions that also don't work)

Covid: Daily UK case numbers hit record of 183,037 - BBC News

Edited by TheTeapot

7 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

That poster is the worst of the lot. Poisonous. Hypocritical too. Ask her how her holidays have been in the pandemic while she's demanding everyone else do what she wants to make her feel safe. On top of that she is thick as fuck. No comprehension of reality at all. 

I am, of course, blocked by her.

Is she the one who moved here from Ireland and was straight onto MR demanding the drawbridge was raised immediately?