IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

25 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

That poster is the worst of the lot. Poisonous. Hypocritical too. Ask her how her holidays have been in the pandemic while she's demanding everyone else do what she wants to make her feel safe. On top of that she is thick as fuck. No comprehension of reality at all. 

I am, of course, blocked by her.

Yeah she's one that stands out for the nastiness of her posts too. Seems very unpleasant. 

At least most of the others are mostly civil. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Banker said:

Poor Steve is not a happy chap today !!

there’s about 5/6 of them included Dudley Butt who are buying online & refusing to go to pubs, restaurants etc due to risks!!!

if you don't like it move on.......

Edited by daisy

2 hours ago, TheTeapot said:

That poster is the worst of the lot. Poisonous. Hypocritical too. Ask her how her holidays have been in the pandemic while she's demanding everyone else do what she wants to make her feel safe. On top of that she is thick as fuck. No comprehension of reality at all. 

I am, of course, blocked by her.

Why read her posts then... you are under no obligation to do so.  Just ignore and enjoy your own self adulation ...

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, daisy said:

Why read her posts then... you are under no obligation to do so.  Just ignore and enjoy your own self adulation ...

I don't. I can't. She blocked me. Think she called me a child, can't remember.

I used to try and reason with some of manx covid twitter, but they all thought I was nuts (maybe I am) in pointing the reality of the situation out, and while you may call it self adulation I'd call it simply being right.

One thing I've been wrong about though is that actually even less people are dying from covid than I thought would this winter.

Edited by TheTeapot
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, TheTeapot said:

I used to try and reason with some of manx covid twitter, but they all thought I was nuts (maybe I am) in pointing the reality of the situation out, and while you may call it self adulation I'd call it simply being right.

That’s a classic fail as nobody can reason with any of them unfortunately and they seem to be getting proportionally angrier with each restriction which is done away with and taken off the table. 

Can anyone enlighten me why we are still bothering with any kind of border restrictions at all anymore? We have the highest % infection rate on the planet but we are still asking residents coming home to isolate for 7 days whilst the rest of the island is a walking, self declaring cesspit.  

Edited by Danoo
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Danoo said:

Can anyone enlighten me why we are still bothering with any kind of border restrictions at all anymore? We have the highest % infection rate on the planet but we are still asking residents coming home to isolate for 7 days whilst the rest of the island is a walking, self declaring cesspit.  

There’s No restrictions for vaccinated residents and only isolation for unvaccinated traveling outside CTA which is fair enough 

Edited by Banker
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Banker said:

There’s No restrictions for vaccinated residents and only isolation for unvaccinated traveling outside CTA which is fair enough 

Why, what nasty infection ridden hovels lie across the English Channel, that aren't on the UK Red List, that warrant isolation? As far as I can see we lead the world at the minute in that sport. 

4 hours ago, hissingsid said:

I didn’t think residents had to isolate, just have a LFT test , may be wrong.

My 18 year old son, who isn't vaccinated as he's a fit young man who has had COVID recently so doesn't see the need at the minute, is isolating for a week after two weeks in Spain over New Year. The only issue is he went there with the rest of the family in our household, all vaccinated, and we are free to come and go as we please after Day 2 but he has to stay off work for an extra 5 days for no reason whatsoever. Especially bonkers as we are in and out of the house daily doing our own thing now while he is watching Netflix all day. Absolutely ludicrous.  

• Sad 1