IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

3 hours ago, Cambon said:

Allison on the news at 9:00 and 10:00 am this morning, talking about Liverpool landing stage. Said he hoped it would be ready for the TT relaunch in 2023! 

Mistake or cat out of the bag? 

The DfE have already announced major changes to the TT classes and timetable for 2023, to create two weekends of racing; one in the middle and one at the end. This is almost certainly what they are calling a 'relaunch'  and what Dr A was talking about. Nothing more sinister!!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cambon said:

Said he hoped it would be ready for the TT relaunch in 2023! 

Well you know what Hope did, don't you? Hope hoped he had farted, but he had actually shat himself.

Something like that.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Phantom said:

Sounds like the DofE.  Two weekends in one week.  One in the middle. 

Obviously shortening the work-week to save money. 

ETA why is this in the covid thread?

Edited by Zarley
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

I’ve been in Bulgaria since Sunday. Today I’m working in Bansko. Back to Spain tomorrow, then set off home on 24th.

Opposite the hotel where I’m having todays meetings is a clinic called Megalab. They’re doing LFT with fit to fly for 20BGN ( £8.50 ) and PCR for 60BGN.

what caught my eye was that they’re also doing antibody testing. 40BGN. I’m interested, as immunocompromised, what my 3 doses of vax have achieved.

Went in, handed over my cash. 30 minutes later I have a certificate. My level is 69 ( whatever that means ). I have some. But not enough.

Lots of EU countries are adopting a covid exemption certificate, if your antibody reading is above 150 you get a pass, works like a vax certificate - for 3 months. Gets you into places. Alas I wouldn’t qualify. But the hotel demanded my vax certificate. I was allowed in on that.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, John Wright said:

I’ve been in Bulgaria since Sunday. Today I’m working in Bansko. Back to Spain tomorrow, then set off home on 24th.

Opposite the hotel where I’m having todays meetings is a clinic called Megalab. They’re doing LFT with fit to fly for 20BGN ( £8.50 ) and PCR for 60BGN.

what caught my eye was that they’re also doing antibody testing. 40BGN. I’m interested, as immunocompromised, what my 3 doses of vax have achieved.

Went in, handed over my cash. 30 minutes later I have a certificate. My level is 69 ( whatever that means. I have some. But not enough.

Lots of EU countries are adopting a covid exemption certificate, if your antibody reading is above 150 you get a pass, works like a vax certificate - for 3 months. Gets you into places. Alas I wouldn’t qualify. But the hotel demanded my vax certificate. I was allowed in on that.

You can get an antibody test in IOM at independent medical services, not sure how good they are, reputation etc 

http://www.ims.co.im

2 hours ago, Banker said:

You can get an antibody test in IOM at independent medical services, not sure how good they are, reputation etc 

http://www.ims.co.im

Yes. I know. It's quite expensive. I've been trying to persuade the oncohaematolgy team at Clatterbridge to order on. But £17 was too good to miss.

I was mainly pointing out the irony of one certificate saying I'm safe to be allowed in and another saying I'm not

• Like 1

No wonder. You've got nutters taking 8 a day, shoving them down their throats 'because someone on facebook said...' and constant propaganda 'know before you go' etc demanding you constantly test yourself. It's obviously crackers. For the next 10 years the IoM should have an inheritance tax to pay for it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, offshoremanxman said:

So about 1/20th of the £4Bn public sector pension debt then? 

That’s just an actuarial calculation if every pension was paid out now, it doesn’t mean a great deal. Of more concern is the drain of paying existing pensions which is being covered from reserves but eventually needs covering from increased income eg taxes

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Banker said:

That’s just an actuarial calculation if every pension was paid out now, it doesn’t mean a great deal. Of more concern is the drain of paying existing pensions which is being covered from reserves but eventually needs covering from increased income eg taxes

Thanks for that, Chris. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Banker said:

The Cost of LFTs is eye watering!! The overall costs of Covid with business support, lost taxes, testing etc must be £200m+

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/almost-6m-spent-on-lfts-since-start-of-pandemic/

We've been told to test once a day due to a highly immunocompromised household member with stage 4 cancer. My 9 year old son tested positive last Saturday morning and immediately isolated, and the rest of us remain negative. Nipped it in the bud with little harm done, apart from a poorly child who is spending far too much time on his iPad & overindulging on Lucozade.

Not sure what the LFDs cost per unit, and I imagine the great Manx taxpayer is being fleeced as per, but I am very grateful for their supply.

• Like 6