IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

13 hours ago, Happier diner said:

Surely Alf and Comin will follow the UK's lead and stop this charade as well. 

the pandemic is over as soon as the first TT dignitaries need to come over unrestricted, it always was. Personally i'm glad but don't kid yourself they will be doing anything for the benefit of the whole manx public.

Boris needs any kind of headline to deflect attention away from his horror show at the moment this is perfect for him.

FYI - i want restrictions off and done with but safely for ALL island residents not because some bikers want to come over and crash on the mountain.

23 minutes ago, The Chief said:

the pandemic is over as soon as the first TT dignitaries need to come over unrestricted, it always was. Personally i'm glad but don't kid yourself they will be doing anything for the benefit of the whole manx public.

Boris needs any kind of headline to deflect attention away from his horror show at the moment this is perfect for him.

FYI - i want restrictions off and done with but safely for ALL island residents not because some bikers want to come over and crash on the mountain.

it can never be safe for ALL island residents, just the 99% ish that it probably wouldn't now kill anyway due to the vaccine and functioning immune systems, the vulnerable will always be vulnerable whether vaccinated or not as the deaths of some double vaccinated have shown.

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, The Chief said:

What do you suggest? Free crash helmets for all? COVID shelters on every street corner? Safe spaces compulsory in all shops? Government discounts on larger settees to hide behind in case someone on your street sneezes?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Danoo said:

What do you suggest? Free crash helmets for all? COVID shelters on every street corner? Safe spaces compulsory in all shops? Government discounts on larger settees to hide behind in case someone on your street sneezes?

its about reasoning, the reason for lifting restrictions is for the benefit to us the people that live here not some idiots who want to chuck themselves at the scenery, again i stress i don't want any restrictions at all i'm sick to death of them (to coin a phrase) but not for the 'reasons' of a fecking motorbike event.

I'm not sure whats hard to understand about that.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, The Chief said:

its about reasoning, the reason for lifting restrictions is for the benefit to us the people that live here not some idiots who want to chuck themselves at the scenery, again i stress i don't want any restrictions at all i'm sick to death of them (to coin a phrase) but not for the 'reasons' of a fecking motorbike event.

You underlined and put in capital letters about being safe for ALL but absolutely nothing in this life can be safe for all. 

Dropping all restrictions and mitigations in the right thing to do and if by doing so it makes us an attractive proposition for lots of people to come and visit and watch the TT then great. Heaven knows the island need the revenue. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, The Chief said:

I honestly doubt its got anything to do with TT. 

Anyway, no one in government has said nowt yet anyway. 

I was just giving my view. 

28 minutes ago, quilp said:

This is worth a watch. Statistics released by the ONS following an FOI request for the numbers of those whose death was solely attributed to covid. A comprehensive break-down.

Do you happen to know where I could read about it myself? 

Edit - I suspect it's going to say something like less than 20000 healthy people died of covid.

Edited by TheTeapot

5 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Do you happen to know where I could read about it myself? 

Edit - I suspect it's going to say something like less than 20000 healthy people died of covid.

This is the link to the FOI request. 
https://www.ons.gov.uk/aboutus/transparencyandgovernance/freedomofinformationfoi/covid19deathsandautopsiesfeb2020todec2021?fbclid=IwAR1nNluFYNO1jTXn98HBdz72K7H0q6GNHf7jr1iDtvqtlLMNZiqpAjjDg8c

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, manxchester said:

Thanks. Even less than I thought. That's the kind of FOI request that will end up being used by certain people to push a view (a view that is wrong) again. There have been a few like this, and then endlessly retweeted without any kind of context.

Still, take it at face value and give the next person you meet demanding school restrictions a slap.

1 hour ago, quilp said:

This is worth a watch. Statistics released by the ONS following an FOI request for the numbers of those whose death was solely attributed to covid. A comprehensive break-down.

This man is the only reliable source of information about Covid, since he presents scientific studies and data and reports the information, whilst explaining the scientific context. He must be an irritant to Governments and the media. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, quilp said:

I'd be interested to see the IoM stats on this.

• Like 1