IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

1 minute ago, finlo said:

Single figures?

Probably.

The concept of viruses showing their most significant effects in the elderly and/or the sick is not new and exclusive to covid.

Of course we in the modern world with all our advances in science and technology now have an awful lot of old and/or sick people about.

• Like 2

I think we all know this. The actual proportion of ‘fit and well’ that died depends on your definition as to what constitutes a significant co-morbidity, and whether or not the doctor decided to report it on the death certificate. Contrary perhaps to popular belief, death certification is not a completely rigorous, unarguable topic.

Still, using this to push the ‘covid is trivial, get on with it’ agenda doesn’t much change what should have happened with cancer or other elective medical care over the past 2 years. We still needed to suspend some work and have some restrictions. There were plenty of old, unfit people available to get covid and swamp the health service - see Northern Italy, March 2020, for example. 

Where we are now though, with everyone who wants to be vaxxed vaxxed, and with omicron being the new common cold (for me at least, and everyone I know who’s had it the past few weeks), we are in a position to ‘get on with it’.  Scrap testing next, and stay home if ill, and wear a mask if you pop to the shops while sniffly and coughing. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

57 minutes ago, Danoo said:

I'd like someone in authority to come and furnish us with the figures. Put to bed the doom coven once and for all.

The doomers will just keep going. It doesn't matter what anyone in authority says as they always twist their words, come up with their own interpretation or don't believe the information presented to them. 

An example of the latter below: 

6 hours ago, 0bserver said:

The doomers will just keep going. It doesn't matter what anyone in authority says as they always twist their words, come up with their own interpretation or don't believe the information presented to them. 

An example of the latter below: 

He’s a knob. It’s like watching someone’s two year long nervous breakdown in real time. 

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, the stinking enigma said:

That's as despicable a post as i've seen on here. Well done

The truth hurts I suppose. I’m sick of seeing that absolute whopper wailing and crying all over Twitter. It is like watching someone have a long, slow, tortuous, breakdown over a couple of years. You wonder how his brain is ever going to go back to normal again when nobody cares about covid anymore. If I was him I’d delete my account and have a break and stop making myself look like such a dick.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Mr Penfold said:

The truth hurts I suppose. I’m sick of seeing that absolute whopper wailing and crying all over Twitter. It is like watching someone have a long, slow, tortuous, breakdown over a couple of years. You wonder how his brain is ever going to go back to normal again when nobody cares about covid anymore. If I was him I’d delete my account and have a break and stop making myself look like such a dick.

Got a feeling of deja vu... 

As I've said previously, 

"It's up to you whether you read my tweets or not. Not my problem if you don't have the self-control to refrain from glorying in that which offends you".

• Like 3