IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

7 hours ago, alpha-acid said:

Why pleasantry surprised you should still mask up for the sake of others

Why? Probably because you get used to government telling us to do something while not doing it themselves. 

How long do you intend wearing a mask for? If absolutely no one is wearing it for your sake are you still going to wear one for theirs?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Old Git said:

Why? Probably because you get used to government telling us to do something while not doing it themselves. 

How long do you intend wearing a mask for? If absolutely no one is wearing it for your sake are you still going to wear one for theirs?

Answering for myself, but "depends" seems the obvious response.

Everyone's situation is different, but I have immunocompromised family members. I'm still going to wear a mask in shops if it's within a few days of when I'm going to see those family members (I test before seeing them anyway, but my concern is pre-positive transmission).

Otherwise I'm probably going to wear one half-arsedly until I catch it and can stop bothering for a few months.

• Like 1

I’ll still wear one if I feel the situation warrants it, although I fully appreciate no one can see the covid virus so it only takes infected person near you. 

The check in, security and gate staff wore masks at Ronaldsway, fully understandable, and the only traveller I saw wearing one was in a wheelchair. Everyone else started putting masks on at the lower departure gate prior to boarding. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, John Wright said:

No problem with boosters. Just third primary doses. 

The alleged reason is that a third primary dose is a full dose, whereas they say a booster is a half dose. However I understand that moderna booster is half dose and pfizer booster is full dose.

Paul and I attended Chester Street together and were jabbed, he booster and me third primary, same date/time. Both had pfizer from same batch. We were told, because we asked, that it was a full dose.

sps.nhs.uk says:

Adults aged 18 years or over

The JCVI have advised that a full dose of Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine or a half dose of the Moderna COVID-19 vaccine should be offered as a booster dose irrespective of the vaccine used for the primary course.”

If you live in/received your third dose in England it’s up on the travel pass. 

I understand that for the immunisation record on NHS App or Patient Access it’s necessary to identify if it’s a full or half dose, a third primary or booster. But for the travel pass expiry date in the EU it’s wholly irrelevant.

They can’t even tell me if my 4th dose ( my booster ) will show up when I’ve had it. That’d rectify things.

14 hours ago, snowman said:

Since you mentioned France and 180 days....

Italy is also, from 1 Feb, going to mandate a 180 expiry for vaccines.

Even 270 days would be problematic.

Hopefully this will be reviewed otherwise summer holidays to Europe might be tricky for some people

Surely this will all need to  get sorted out pretty quickly. I think you (JW) have suffered due to you being a bit ahead of the masses. That's not acceptable. If Manx Care don't sort this pronto there will be 000's affected.

I'll check my NHS app and see what shows on there now

I had my second jab end of June, so, if my booster doesn't show then I couldn't go to France or Italy either

22 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

Surely this will all need to  get sorted out pretty quickly. I think you (JW) have suffered due to you being a bit ahead of the masses. That's not acceptable. If Manx Care don't sort this pronto there will be 000's affected.

I'll check my NHS app and see what shows on there now

I had my second jab end of June, so, if my booster doesn't show then I couldn't go to France or Italy either

I am told Manx Care notify your Doctors surgery that you have had the jab and they update your record to patient access which then feeds NHS App and the Covid pass App. Send a copy of your card to the docs friendly receptionist:-)

9 minutes ago, Major Rushen said:

I am told Manx Care notify your Doctors surgery that you have had the jab and they update your record to patient access which then feeds NHS App and the Covid pass App. Send a copy of your card to the docs friendly receptionist:-)

JW is usually ahead of the game with this thing. If his isn't updated that worries me. 

22 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

JW is usually ahead of the game with this thing. If his isn't updated that worries me. 

Seems to be a problem with the 3rd full jabs from what I understand, my booster appeared on NHS app within 3 days , had booster end December 

25 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

My booster does not show up on patient access, had booster mid December,

It does shows up on nhs app though but when I get the covid pass via the nhs app it may or may not appear, seems completely random, even on the same day it is there one time and missing the next.

13 minutes ago, ellanvannin2010 said:

My booster does not show up on patient access, had booster mid December,

It does shows up on nhs app though but when I get the covid pass via the nhs app it may or may not appear, seems completely random, even on the same day it is there one time and missing the next.

Tried mine. Nothing there re booster. Just the 2 jabs. That's my French/Italian holiday scuppered!

But it does appear in my GP Immunisation records.

Edited by Happier diner

6 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

Tried mine. Nothing there re booster. Just the 2 jabs. That's my French/Italian holiday scuppered!

But it does appear in my GP Immunisation records.

Out of interest go  into the your health section on nhs app and then the check your covid vaccine record. Is it there?. Mine is always there even if it does not appear on the covid pass