IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

1 hour ago, Happier diner said:

Whilst I would probably give the same answer, based upon my opinion. In truth we don't really know.

I think if you get a couple.of vials and start jacking up with it like heroin you'll do some damage. Take 3 spaced doses I'm gonna stick with No.

4 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

Done that and yes the booster is there. Just not in the travel pass.

There’s a helpline number somewhere on IOM GOVERNMENT website, you need the QR code on Covid international pass for travel. You can also request a paper copy which does have the QR codes on as back up in case phone stolen/lost etc

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Banker said:

There’s a helpline number somewhere on IOM GOVERNMENT website, you need the QR code on Covid international pass for travel. You can also request a paper copy which does have the QR codes on as back up in case phone stolen/lost etc

Thanks for the tip. Seems a bit pointless having an APP and then having to do it all manually

50 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

Thanks for the tip. Seems a bit pointless having an APP and then having to do it all manually

Booster shows up on my travel pass. Perhaps it’s something to do with the way your GP loads the info? Perhaps the app is just a bit crap sometimes. 

17 hours ago, snowman said:

Since you mentioned France and 180 days....

Italy is also, from 1 Feb, going to mandate a 180 expiry for vaccines.

Even 270 days would be problematic.

Hopefully this will be reviewed otherwise summer holidays to Europe might be tricky for some people

There is no sign of the global insanity subsiding.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Major Rushen said:

I am told Manx Care notify your Doctors surgery that you have had the jab and they update your record to patient access which then feeds NHS App and the Covid pass App. Send a copy of your card to the docs friendly receptionist:-)

No. It’s not uploaded from your GP. It’s uploaded by Manx Care centrally.

GP can’t help.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ellanvannin2010 said:

Out of interest go  into the your health section on nhs app and then the check your covid vaccine record. Is it there?. Mine is always there even if it does not appear on the covid pass

The jabs are recorded in the immunisation section of my health record, on both patient access and nhs app. 

My first and second jabs generate, a soon to be out of date ( 270 day + ) QR/2D bar code.

My third dose doesn’t generate a QR/2D bar code. My partners booster ( same date, time, place, batch ) does generate the digital pass.

It’s a specific problem with third doses, not boosters. Although the app and website are flaky.

23 minutes ago, John Wright said:

The jabs are recorded in the immunisation section of my health record, on both patient access and nhs app. 

My first and second jabs generate, a soon to be out of date ( 270 day + ) QR/2D bar code.

My third dose doesn’t generate a QR/2D bar code. My partners booster ( same date, time, place, batch ) does generate the digital pass.

It’s a specific problem with third doses, not boosters. Although the app and website are flaky.

It seems to be a problem with 3rd Dose AND boosters.

• Like 1

Anyone interested in the mysterious Long Covid? 

Here's a long thread from a reputable source looking at some research about it, some of it is a bit over my head but he does a good job of explaining in terms non-experts can understand. Be aware that there are some people who willingly and wildly overstate its prevalence, just as there are others who totally deny it exists. One of the problems with things like this is that often there is no (or there might be but it is very hard to find) actual proof of what is wrong with someone, and as a result how people feel can be dismissed as psychosomatic. But then, 'support' groups often contribute to making people feel worse. It's a tricky subject, and the lack of answers really does not help.

This guy is worth paying attention to.

Edited by TheTeapot

9 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Anyone interested in the mysterious Long Covid? 

Here's a long thread from a reputable source looking at some research about it, some of it is a bit over my head but he does a good job of explaining in terms non-experts can understand. Be aware that there are some people who willingly and wildly overstate its prevalence, just as there are others who totally deny it exists. One of the problems with things like this is that often there is no (or there might be but it is very hard to find) actual proof of what is wrong with someone, and as a result how people feel can be dismissed as psychosomatic. But then, 'support' groups often contribute to making people feel worse. It's a tricky subject, and the lack of answers really does not help.

This guy is worth paying attention to.

It's essentially post viral fatigue 

https://www.nbt.nhs.uk/our-services/a-z-services/bristol-chronic-fatigue-syndromeme-service/post-viral-fatigue-a-guide-management#:~:text=Post-viral fatigue is when,as 'an invisible symptom'.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, 0bserver said:

It's essentially post viral fatigue 

It may well be, that is not fully understood either. It would be nice to be able to prove it, for the patients themselves. This is kind of the point, there are described 'symptoms' for long covid that lots of people could say 'yeah I feel like that all the time'. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Happier diner said:

It seems to be a problem with 3rd Dose AND boosters.

There are two separate problems.

Boosters, first. Sheer volume means that the info can take time to get from the hub, to Manx care, and then be uploaded, centrally, to NHS Digital to the Covid Pass section of the app. It’s not uploaded by your GP. If your booster was administered by your GP it can take even longer.

If you have problems then it’s dealt with by a specific team. NOT your GP. Don’t ask your GP. All they can do is suggest you contact

Covid Pass Resolution Team Noble’s Hospital • Strang • Braddan Isle of Man • IM4 4RJ T:+44(0) 1624 650700

CovidPass@gov.im

the lady I’ve been dealing with is really nice, has tried to help, but I think she is being given the run around by someone further up the food chain,

The minister blames NHS Digital. Can’t see that it’s to do with how Manx Care are recording the data.

It’s also correct that the app is flaky, and certificates come and go and reappear. This happened when they first started, web site in August and App in November.

Booster info is capable of, and is, being uploaded.

Third primary doses, second. The data cannot currently be uploaded from the Island.