IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

1 hour ago, John Wright said:

There are two separate problems.

Boosters, first. Sheer volume means that the info can take time to get from the hub, to Manx care, and then be uploaded, centrally, to NHS Digital to the Covid Pass section of the app. It’s not uploaded by your GP. If your booster was administered by your GP it can take even longer.

If you have problems then it’s dealt with by a specific team. NOT your GP. Don’t ask your GP. All they can do is suggest you contact

Covid Pass Resolution Team Noble’s Hospital • Strang • Braddan Isle of Man • IM4 4RJ T:+44(0) 1624 650700

CovidPass@gov.im

the lady I’ve been dealing with is really nice, has tried to help, but I think she is being given the run around by someone further up the food chain,

The minister blames NHS Digital. Can’t see that it’s to do with how Manx Care are recording the data.

It’s also correct that the app is flaky, and certificates come and go and reappear. This happened when they first started, web site in August and App in November.

Booster info is capable of, and is, being uploaded.

Third primary doses, second. The data cannot currently be uploaded from the Island.

I see what you mean. That's not very helpful......for anyone

https://www.bmj.com/content/376/bmj.o100

In the latest BMJ, article suggesting that omicron is likely to generate more avoidable deaths from non-covid causes than from covid - people not getting care due to staff absences, beds not available, increased waiting times etc. 

Until we stop regular testing of people without symptoms, and isolating people who are well, this is likely to continue. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3

31 minutes ago, wrighty said:

In the latest BMJ, article suggesting that omicron is likely to generate more avoidable deaths from non-covid causes than from covid - people not getting care due to staff absences, beds not available, increased waiting times etc. 

Until we stop regular testing of people without symptoms, and isolating people who are well, this is likely to continue. 

If you don't go looking for it, you won't find it.

• Like 2

On 1/24/2022 at 7:26 PM, John Wright said:

No problem with boosters. Just third primary doses. 

The alleged reason is that a third primary dose is a full dose, whereas they say a booster is a half dose. However I understand that moderna booster is half dose and pfizer booster is full dose.

Paul and I attended Chester Street together and were jabbed, he booster and me third primary, same date/time. Both had pfizer from same batch. We were told, because we asked, that it was a full dose.

sps.nhs.uk says:

Adults aged 18 years or over

The JCVI have advised that a full dose of Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine or a half dose of the Moderna COVID-19 vaccine should be offered as a booster dose irrespective of the vaccine used for the primary course.”

If you live in/received your third dose in England it’s up on the travel pass. 

I understand that for the immunisation record on NHS App or Patient Access it’s necessary to identify if it’s a full or half dose, a third primary or booster. But for the travel pass expiry date in the EU it’s wholly irrelevant.

They can’t even tell me if my 4th dose ( my booster ) will show up when I’ve had it. That’d rectify things.

Why don't you have your jabs in England when you travel over there then? I know a few people who have travelled across to have their jabs as they only require a NHS number and it updates more or less immediately. They were concerned about travel and didn't have a great deal of faith in the ManxCare system being fast and robust enough to cope with updates in time for repeated travel.

19 hours ago, 0bserver said:

Which was here before COVID and will be around long after COVID too. But nothing is sexy anymore unless you put the 'C' word in there somewhere.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, wrighty said:

Does the health service here keep record of who is symptomatic/asymptomatic among staff who are absent? 

There's a point where not testing results in more absence than testing I'd have thought, given the loss of mitigation for transmission.

4 minutes ago, HeliX said:

Does the health service here keep record of who is symptomatic/asymptomatic among staff who are absent? 

There's a point where not testing results in more absence than testing I'd have thought, given the loss of mitigation for transmission.

I think that's the elephant room now. When do we end testing and isolation altogether? 

At that point the pandemic will be over (yes Covid won't be over yada yada yada). 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, HeliX said:

No. All I know is that covid absence is counted as sick leave, but doesn’t count towards your Bradford score. 

I disagree with your last point, but I suspect it’d be hard to demonstrate one way or another. I was off for 7 days, left to decide based on symptoms it would have been 2. I doubt those additional 5 days back at work would have caused 3.5x more people getting infected. 

1 hour ago, Danoo said:

Why don't you have your jabs in England when you travel over there then? I know a few people who have travelled across to have their jabs as they only require a NHS number and it updates more or less immediately. They were concerned about travel and didn't have a great deal of faith in the ManxCare system being fast and robust enough to cope with updates in time for repeated travel.

I haven't been travelling over as much. We were promised certificates and the app.

Naïve, I believed.

However cross border/NHS information exchange hasn't worked well for the Scots and Welsh, either. Especially those who've had doses on both sides of a devolved NHS boundary.

And until November no one had heard about third primary doses. We all thought we'd get a booster. I don't have your crystal ball.

isn't hindsight wonderful.

2 hours ago, John Wright said:

I haven't been travelling over as much. We were promised certificates and the app.

Naïve, I believed.

However cross border/NHS information exchange hasn't worked well for the Scots and Welsh, either. Especially those who've had doses on both sides of a devolved NHS boundary.

And until November no one had heard about third primary doses. We all thought we'd get a booster. I don't have your crystal ball.

isn't hindsight wonderful.

I don't have a crystal ball. No need to get salty. I'm just relaying information about some people I know who went across and got their jabs. Just a thought in case we get to jab number 4,5,6... so might be something to bear in mind moving forwards.

49 minutes ago, Danoo said:

I don't have a crystal ball. No need to get salty. I'm just relaying information about some people I know who went across and got their jabs. Just a thought in case we get to jab number 4,5,6... so might be something to bear in mind moving forwards.

I'm not sure it's important for 5,6,7. 

I'll be getting my 4th dose ( my booster ) on 1/3. I'm hoping that'll cure it.

No one could  have anticipated any or this way back in March 2021 when I had my first dose.

Its only recently that EU required your second dose to have been within the last 270 days. That limit doesn't apply to boosters. But in 9 months, who knows...

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Max Power said:

Another variant?

https://www.gbnews.uk/news/new-covid-variant-dubbed-stealth-omicron-is-spreading-in-uk/213827

I'm beginning to suspect that Covid is turning into an industry of its own? What will everyone do if it disappears?

It's an industry and a cult.

An advert popped up the other day for what seemed to be an LFT for common garden flu.  Now they have them hooked on testing they may as well monetise it. Well played pharma, well played

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, 0bserver said:

It's an industry and a cult.

An advert popped up the other day for what seemed to be an LFT for common garden flu.  Now they have them hooked on testing they may as well monetise it. Well played pharma, well played

Common Garden Flu, is not common. Most people when the get a bad cold say they have had Flu when in fact it is just a cold. Flu is more severe and will lay you for a week. and can cause bacterial pneumonia although that is rare. People with Flu should not be going to work it is simple science

Edited by alpha-acid
spelling
  • Like 5