IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

12 minutes ago, alpha-acid said:

Common Garden Flu, is not common. Most people when the get a bad cold say they have had Flu when in fact it is just a cold. Flu is more severe and will lay you for a week. and can cause bacterial pneumonia although that is rare. People with Flu should not be going to work it is simple science

'flu' and 'colds' need to be defined. I am surprised this has not been done with all the knowledge gained by the authorities this last couple of years.
I get a 'cold' every couple of years or so. It is shit of course, but 7-10 days late I am right as rain (although my family and work colleagues might not be). Flu is shit squared, and I think I have had that once in my life (although I may have, rather stupidly,  used it as an excuse more than once to stay off work when I had a hangover).

Yes, I prayed for something like 'covid' when I was at school, but by fuck it would be even better when I was working in my 20s.

By now, you would think society would be able to define and categorise: ... 'cold'...'flu'.....'covid.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Barlow said:

'flu' and 'colds' need to be defined. I am surprised this has not been done with all the knowledge gained by the authorities this last couple of years.
I get a 'cold' every couple of years or so. It is shit of course, but 7-10 days late I am right as rain (although my family and work colleagues might not be). Flu is shit squared, and I think I have had that once in my life (although I may have, rather stupidly,  used it as an excuse more than once to stay off work when I had a hangover).

Yes, I prayed for something like 'covid' when I was at school, but by fuck it would be even better when I was working in my 20s.

By now, you would think society would be able to define and categorise: ... 'cold'...'flu'.....'covid.

My wife  and I both had flu over the millennium period. Started a few days before Christmas and lasted until several days in to the new year. Tried getting out of bed on 1/1/2000 but lasted about ten minutes. Not fun at all. 

Meanwhile, on a U.K. hot tub group on Facebook, a woman claimed she kept getting flu every time she used the hot tub. No idea of what flu is and what caused it at all. 

Edited by The Old Git
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Barlow said:

They don't need to be defined as they will each have differing severity and symptoms from person to person. We all have different constitutions and immune systems so what could floor one person another could brush off with ease. 

We just need to get on with living again, maybe with a bit more of an emphasis and responsibility on a healthier lifestyle now. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Barlow said:

The symptoms are all the same, or at least selected from the same generic list - high temperature, generalised aches, sore throat, cough, runny nose, headache etc.  Which are generally the symptoms caused by the immune response to a non-specific viral illness.  You can only truly categorise by testing, or perhaps retrospectively - I had 'proper flu' about 20 years ago I think, when I had to take a full week off work (I went back in on the Thursday and was told I looked 'shit' and should go home)

• Like 2

12 hours ago, alpha-acid said:

Common Garden Flu, is not common. Most people when the get a bad cold say they have had Flu when in fact it is just a cold. Flu is more severe and will lay you for a week. and can cause bacterial pneumonia although that is rare. People with Flu should not be going to work it is simple science

You and I know this, but that won't matter to those who have been brainwashed by the propaganda. They will jump at the chance to test themselves. 

• Like 1

Jersey removing all travel restrictions & stoping isolation 31/03, let’s see if Comin follow suit, it’s needed for TT

Monday 7 February, all current requirements under Jersey's Safer Travel policy will be suspended, with a return to unrestricted, pre-pandemic inbound travel arrangements, including:

• removal of all testing and isolation requirements for all arriving passengers
  • removal of the requirement to complete a pre-departure travel form before arriving in Jersey for all passengers.

Removal of mandatory isolation for people who test positive (replaced by guidance)

By Thursday 31 March, the mandatory isolation requirement for positive cases will cease. Mandatory isolation will be replaced with public health guidance. Further details of the guidance will be announced in due course, but the shift will focus on high quality guidance and self-administered LFTs enabling Islanders to safely manage their own health decisions. Separate policies will remain for health care and education settings.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, offshoremanxman said:

This is the best I’ve seen so far. Hasn’t set foot out of the house for 18 months. But my evil employers are finally asking me to pop into work after nearly 2 years. Can someone look after my confused doggy. FFS get a life.

D221DD63-545F-40D6-9189-6CA6A64CA9C5.jpeg

Presumably doesn’t want to pay as plenty of day care centers etc

• Confused 1

I know that person, and that dog, and they're both lovely, and I think it's pretty unfair to put that up on here to laugh at. You obviously don't know the circumstances. That dog really misses its owner and when left alone it doesn't shut up and you can hear it in the street, sounds like it's in mortal peril. She's trying to find a solution and I hope someone helps.

Edit - There are plenty of people out there who continue to spread terrified bollocks who are worthy of your contempt. This is not one of them.

Edited by TheTeapot
  • Like 5

6 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

I know that person, and that dog, and they're both lovely, and I think it's pretty unfair to put that up on here to laugh at. You obviously don't know the circumstances. That dog really misses its owner and when left alone it doesn't shut up and you can hear it in the street, sounds like it's in mortal peril. She's trying to find a solution and I hope someone helps.

For context, do you know if the dog was acquired before or during the pandemic?

Just now, Capt_Mainwaring said:

For context, do you know if the dog was acquired before or during the pandemic?

Before. Like I said, I know this person and this dog, I don't think she'd like me to explain the circumstances that might have led to the dogs behaviour when she is not around, but it has been challenging. The dog is cool, some animals just seem to have a massive personality, this is one of them, someone would enjoy having him around for a few hours.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

I don't know the person or the circumstances, but I think in general we have too much dog ownership for the way many of us live our lives these days. When I was young I think there was less dog ownership and far less treating as surrogate kids, car ownership was a lot less as was both husband and wife working once they had kids. There was generally always somebody at home and dog's did not need specific walking as it would walk and go everywhere with the person staying at home, daily to the shops, to drop or pick up kids from the school. Now many dogs are simply shut up in a house for large parts of a day whilst everybody is at work and in those circumstances I don't think people should have dogs as pets especially where they don't even have a reasonable size garden.  

I am not saying that this is the situation in this case as I appreciate that circumstances can change due to circumstances outside a persons control 

• Like 6