IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

Lockdown changed things for a lot of people who had normal lives and normal pets. 

Pets got used to their keepers being in all day and available, and separation then became intolerable.

In many cases, having a pet at home while people were in lockdown was all that kept the human sane.

• Like 6

26 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

The lockdowns ended early last year. Here you have someone working from home for two years. Now being asked to pop into work for two days a week. After two years. And work is only 10 miles away. FFs it’s literally staggering really. 

Really, at the end of the day what fucking business is it of yours?

Staggering?

Fuck off. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

I’m no longer sure why the IoM authorities are bothering with the landing card and LFT within 12 hours of arrival ( if you’ve been outside CTA ).

Last 7 weeks I’ve crossed multiple borders, had PCR’s and LFT’s. Had my passport stamped. Filled in multiple passenger locator forms.

Douglas, this evening, coming off the Ben, passenger in car ahead of me got out and jumped the fence. Didn’t produce his landing card or photo ID. So much for covid security at the IoM border.

• Haha 3

13 minutes ago, John Wright said:

I’m no longer sure why the IoM authorities are bothering with the landing card and LFT within 12 hours of arrival ( if you’ve been outside CTA ).

Last 7 weeks I’ve crossed multiple borders, had PCR’s and LFT’s. Had my passport stamped. Filled in multiple passenger locator forms.

Douglas, this evening, coming off the Ben, passenger in car ahead of me got out and jumped the fence. Didn’t produce his landing card or photo ID. So much for covid security at the IoM border.

The UK is scrapping LFDs to enter the UK from outside the CTA from 11/2. I would imagine the island will follow suit. The UK is still keeping the requirement to complete a landing/locator form. The island will probably keep the same rule, but these rules are likely to be ditched before May. I can picture the delays and queues of bikes, vans and vehicles of passengers waiting to hand in their forms and proof of identification, going through 2 checkpoints, chaos will ensue.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

More New Zealand madness with echos of 2020 Isle of Man about it. Pregnant NZ journalist forced to seek protection from the Taliban as her own country's crazy covid laws mean she can’t be given the right to return home.

https://news.sky.com/story/pregnant-new-zealand-journalist-turns-to-taliban-for-help-after-being-denied-entry-to-home-country-12527989

I read about that, it sounds like an IOM trick. 

28 minutes ago, John Wright said:

Presume the car driver has been detained. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, 2112 said:

The UK is scrapping LFDs to enter the UK from outside the CTA from 11/2. I would imagine the island will follow suit. The UK is still keeping the requirement to complete a landing/locator form. The island will probably keep the same rule, but these rules are likely to be ditched before May. I can picture the delays and queues of bikes, vans and vehicles of passengers waiting to hand in their forms and proof of identification, going through 2 checkpoints, chaos will ensue.

Jersey scrapping all tests & landing cards for arriving passengers from 7/02 & isolation for Covid positive from 31/03

1 hour ago, John Wright said:

They were handing out LFTs to people flying in from Liverpool on Thursday. Wasn’t expecting that to still be required  

11 hours ago, offshoremanxman said:

The lockdowns ended early last year. Here you have someone working from home for two years. Now being asked to pop into work for two days a week. After two years. And work is only 10 miles away. FFs it’s literally staggering really. 

The person isn't complaining about going back to work, they're just trying to do the best by their dog. What on earth is wrong with that?

You've turned really quite unpleasant in the last few months.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Just now, offshoremanxman said:

Nothing wrong with anything I’ve said given all the unpleasant miserable posters on this forum. Get over yourself. 

So far as I'm aware it wasn't someone on this forum you were slagging off for basically fuck all.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1