IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

5 hours ago, John Wright said:

Douglas, this evening, coming off the Ben, passenger in car ahead of me got out and jumped the fence. Didn’t produce his landing card or photo ID. So much for covid security at the IoM border.

Then we clearly need a higher, much more expensive fence; like at the airport. He could have had a towel wrapped round his head or anything 😂 

• Haha 4

17 hours ago, offshoremanxman said:

They’re kicking back in Canada though. Trudeau has had to be evacuated to a secret location as angry truckers and other protestors log-jam the city of Ottawa.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/justin-trudeau-trucker-convoy-protest-canada-b2003458.html

be careful what you read as usual, check out the r/Canada subreddit for what is actually happening, the DM were reporting 50,000 people and 1000's of trucks in a convoy, whereas people on the ground counted the vehicles at 67 at one point. Trudeau 'evacuation' was standard response in a country where guns are available and is no different to Trump running for his bunker or Boris hiding in a fridge.

i have friends and family over there and they are as pissed off with restrictions as anyone, but they are more raging at these muppets flying swastika's. Don't tread on me and Trump 2024 flags, the 'protestors' assaulting soup kitchen staff, defacing statues of Terry Fox and the tomb of the unknown soldier.

Its a white supremacists march its got fuck all to do with covid.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, The Chief said:

be careful what you read as usual, check out the r/Canada subreddit for what is actually happening, the DM were reporting 50,000 people and 1000's of trucks in a convoy, whereas people on the ground counted the vehicles at 67 at one point. Trudeau 'evacuation' was standard response in a country where guns are available and is no different to Trump running for his bunker or Boris hiding in a fridge.

i have friends and family over there and they are as pissed off with restrictions as anyone, but they are more raging at these muppets flying swastika's. Don't tread on me and Trump 2024 flags, the 'protestors' assaulting soup kitchen staff, defacing statues of Terry Fox and the tomb of the unknown soldier.

Hence the support from the Mail

• Like 2

1 hour ago, The Chief said:

Probably why Offshore Manc posted it , he’s a master of disinformation!

1 hour ago, offshoremanxman said:

There was a fairly accurate video report pinned to that independent story.

Accurate in what respect? What, in your opinion was the video attempting to convey? It appears that the clown Trudeau was isolating with family, unless you're insinuating otherwise...

7 minutes ago, Banker said:

Jersey tourism happy with all restrictions lifted, we’ll have to make a decision soon on similar to allow TT to proceed 

https://www.channel103.com/news/jersey/visit-jersey-jumping-for-joy-as-travel-rules-near-end/?fbclid=IwAR3ef0qEzuNr5ssI4yrtjdztp1Ib2jBoyOs_wG56L2B-pPV5vTAiLlOteAs

Isn't this old news Banker?

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, offshoremanxman said:

The Independent is fairly well known for its largely balanced reporting.

Ah, balanced, like say the Guardian you mean?

3 hours ago, offshoremanxman said:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/justin-trudeau-trucker-convoy-protest-canada-b2003458.html

Trudeau can probably say what he likes really he left his home and the secret service won’t say where he is on security grounds. Do people usually self isolate at secret locations? 

I followed and read the link (all the way through) and watched the video (all the way through) so no need to repeat it. Why would the security services reveal the secret location where Trudumb was isolating? Who needed to know? 

The Mail has completely gone beyond sensible, it has changed direction in the last couple of years now the print absolute garbage and nothing else if they are trying to increase their readership they are going the wrong way about it from a middle of the road outfit they have lost any sort of balance that they had.   The situation with Putin has been casually mentioned in a very small paragraph at the bottom of the page until the last few days they have lost the plot.   

• Like 1

When the NHS letter  --covid pass-- was issued it was open ended with no expiry date .

I phoned up for a new one as my original did not have my booster jab on it.

The girl i spoke to said all NHS letters for the covid pass now had a 30 day expiry, 

As you need to order it a week before you go in order to allow for delivery etc it means that it will only have a useful life of around 3 weeks, Be careful if you are relying on the paper version.

• Thanks 1