IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

46 minutes ago, 0bserver said:

But that's their problem. 

They now need to adopt to society, not the other way round. 

Of course I'd drop everything, I'd have done it a while ago, but I'm not a politician. They've probably done the right thing. Some people are so far gone that they might never get it together again.

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Of course I'd drop everything, I'd have done it a while ago, but I'm not a politician. They've probably done the right thing. Some people are so far gone that they might never get it together again.

It's like ripping a plaster off. Better to do it suddenly and quickly.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Boo Gay'n said:

Has the NHS pass worked when you have been travelling in the EU, John?

Yes. Although mine runs out in 2 weeks.

They’ve not been able to up load my third primary dose ( 64 days and counting ), yet.

Promised this weekend.

I get my booster on 1 March, and that may resolve the issue, which Minister Hooper blames on NHS Digital, Manx Care blame on the dose size ( the say my third was a full dose but a booster is only a half dose - not true of pfizer, both third and booster are identical, full doses ) when the truth is our digital record keeping, systems and method of storing, are crap and can’t talk to the English App. And they’ve known for 6 months ( and more )

Paul had same doses, same dates, adjacent booths, same batch numbers. France let him in today based on his Manx booster on his NHS App

3 hours ago, TheTeapot said:

Wonder how many people over 60 still haven't had a vaccine. They should probably do that. I think if I were manx care I'd put a little team of empathetic people together and go out and find them, talk - and listen - to them directly.

And if they haven’t got a valid reason for not being vaccinated, they should give them a monkey scrub or a Chinese burn

Here is a point of view https://unherd.com/thepost/spare-a-thought-for-the-covid-never-enders/

I'm torn. I'm genuinely annoyed with some of them, I'd like nothing more than to shout in their faces "you're wrong, you've always been wrong, you've been wrong the whole fucking time" as they continue to spread bollocks about it being a neurotropic virus, demanding masks on everyone because 'you can't vaccinate your way out of a pandemic' and wildly exaggerating the risk to children.

But really I know they've had a number done on them and some people probably need support and encouragement to get over it.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Here is a point of view https://unherd.com/thepost/spare-a-thought-for-the-covid-never-enders/

I'm torn. I'm genuinely annoyed with some of them, I'd like nothing more than to shout in their faces "you're wrong, you've always been wrong, you've been wrong the whole fucking time" as they continue to spread bollocks about it being a neurotropic virus, demanding masks on everyone because 'you can't vaccinate your way out of a pandemic' and wildly exaggerating the risk to children.

But really I know they've had a number done on them and some people probably need support and encouragement to get over it.

It's tough love.

16 hours ago, 0bserver said:

It's movement in the right direction but it's far too slow. 

All of these measures should be scrapped from midnight tonight, not 31st March. It gives the Doomers too much time to ambush them being scrapped. 

To be fair, it’s hard to argue that being cautious right isn’t the right approach to take.

• Like 1