IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

Alfie waffling on the NPM this morning, telling his serfs that the pandemic brought out the ‘very best in community’. A good sentiment. However he failed to say it also -

* Brought out the very worst with bullying    authority - the polices actions

* The greed of some individuals and companies who used the pandemic and benefitted immensely.

• Like 6

On 2/3/2022 at 7:26 PM, John Wright said:

Yes. Although mine runs out in 2 weeks.

They’ve not been able to up load my third primary dose ( 64 days and counting ), yet.

Promised this weekend.

I get my booster on 1 March, and that may resolve the issue, which Minister Hooper blames on NHS Digital, Manx Care blame on the dose size ( the say my third was a full dose but a booster is only a half dose - not true of pfizer, both third and booster are identical, full doses ) when the truth is our digital record keeping, systems and method of storing, are crap and can’t talk to the English App. And they’ve known for 6 months ( and more )

Paul had same doses, same dates, adjacent booths, same batch numbers. France let him in today based on his Manx booster on his NHS App

Ah well. It wasn’t uploaded yesterday. I’m losing faith.

On 2/3/2022 at 5:53 PM, TheTeapot said:

Listened to the briefing. That's alright that I reckon, drop everything outside the ordinary work of the health service when it comes to illness by the end of March. He knows some people remain in 2020 so he's giving them some time to get their shit together.

Henrietta spoke of the endemic situation, says we'll have fluctuations but should stay at a relatively low level of transmission. I hope she's right, but I suspect another wave yet, probably not long into April, as that's when the antibody waning of the boosters should be started to make an effect (to be clear this does not mean, as some people claim, that the vaccine stops working).

Wonder how many people over 60 still haven't had a vaccine. They should probably do that. I think if I were manx care I'd put a little team of empathetic people together and go out and find them, talk - and listen - to them directly.

If I were ManxCare I'd leave public the hell alone. No need to go after people now. It's done. We're over it. If people still aren't vaccinated now then they never will, seeing as the pandemic is over.

Everyone knows where their doctor is if they want to change their mind. Get back to dealing with the waiting lists that have built up while we lived in a 'COVID only' world for two years. There are serious illnesses/disease at a progressed stage and postponed operations that need priority now. 

Edited by Danoo
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, Danoo said:

If I were ManxCare I'd leave public the hell alone. No need to go after people now. It's done. We're over it. If people still aren't vaccinated now then they never will, seeing as the pandemic is over.

Everyone knows where their doctor is if they want to change their mind. Get back to dealing with the waiting lists that have built up while we lived in a 'COVID only' world for two years. There are serious illnesses/disease at a progressed stage and postponed operations that need priority now. 

As well as the 2 vaccination and then the third booster, many have had the flu jab, and the pneumonia vaccination. Surely the combination must have an effect, should anyone contract Covid? 

I am really confused.

The NPM has a report saying that people will have to complete travel declarations to come into the island after 31 March 2022. WTF is going on, are this useless lot trying, to justify jobsworths employment or is IOMG just trying to control people, and using travel declarations as a means to gain information? It will be a mess come TT.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, immortalpuppet said:

Makes sense to me, there will be a period after all restrictions are lifted and the world isn’t back to normal where things might change at a very rapid pace. Having information to hand to put fast mitigations in place seems quite normal.

I accept your reasoning but to me it could result in more queuing with QR codes for months and months as IOMG just can’t let go and accept the situation. Surely the Steam Packet and the Airlines could provide IOMG with information as to passengers? It’s mitigation without making people jumping through hoops. 

• Like 3

I am sure AC said there would still be some forms to complete on entry at the press conference.  They would be simple and not onerous.  Not sure if they will involve QR codes but is it not just a case of keeping a record of ins and (presumably) outs should there be a breakout.  

Have to confess, I was surprised that MR thought this was a new thing worthy of headline reporting when I thought it was quite clear at the presser. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, offshoremanxman said:

Well Alf’s certainly pissed on his chips! 

E8AE91FA-E628-4636-A603-872B9EC7840B.jpeg

That guy is mental.

A retired pathologist, so someone who has presumably had a decent education.

Off his fucking tits. The other day he once again used the phrase 'vectors of disease' when talking about children. So not only mental but an actual prick too.

• Like 3