IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

26 minutes ago, Banker said:

Don’t think GPS get involved, you have to request via the helpline number or online 

They must be because I was provided with a certificate of 1st and 2nd jabs via my GP on request?

7 hours ago, Non-Believer said:

They must be because I was provided with a certificate of 1st and 2nd jabs via my GP on request?

It’s not a service normally offered by GP’s. It’s either digital ( web or app ) or via the 0808 1624 119 service.

A letter from a GP won’t have the QR/2D barcode. So it won’t allow you to cross borders or enter venues that need vaccination certificates to gain admittance.

Im intrigued about what you’re intending using it for. 

1 hour ago, John Wright said:

It’s not a service normally offered by GP’s. It’s either digital ( web or app ) or via the 0808 1624 119 service.

A letter from a GP won’t have the QR/2D barcode. So it won’t allow you to cross borders or enter venues that need vaccination certificates to gain admittance.

Im intrigued about what you’re intending using it for. 

It doesn't have the QR code on, you're quite right, but I was directed to my GP by the Covid 111 line who told me originally (last year after my 2nd jab) that it would be needed for travel on and off the Island (which might have been the case at the time).

I just want it as a sort of physical "back up" to the accepted QR/2D code (although I'm having difficulty obtaining that too).

8 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

It doesn't have the QR code on, you're quite right, but I was directed to my GP by the Covid 111 line who told me originally (last year after my 2nd jab) that it would be needed for travel on and off the Island (which might have been the case at the time).

I just want it as a sort of physical "back up" to the accepted QR/2D code (although I'm having difficulty obtaining that too).

Letter wholly unnecessary. Has no standing. Never had standing. 111 have given some off advice. Never helped getting on/off Island.

If you go off to CTA destinations there’s no difference between vaccinated or unvaccinated for returning now.

If you go to Europe, or further afield, you’ll need your digital pass. Anyone you produce the letter to will politely shake their heads at the deluded Brit and refuse you entry. They scan the code, and if the computer says no, that’s it. No manual override.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Banker said:

Thanks, did you have to attach any vaccinations proof to Spanish locator or show at airports?

Depends who you fly with, but you can upload both the locator QR and your most recent Vax cert to check in with some airlines.

I did that. But then there was random inspection, differed by airport.

1 hour ago, TheTeapot said:

Anyone seen any evidence whatsoever that vaccine passes have done any good anywhere? No? There's a surprise.

That’s not really the point, is it?

Each jurisdiction has its own different pandemic experience, even down to different numbers of waves. That’s down to structural and social differences.

No one can say whether, and how much,  closed borders, strict lockdowns, distancing, masks, travel restrictions, capacity limits or green passes, affect long term outcome.

Much of it is political, of course and trying to get people on side, encourage compliance, encourage vaccination. 

Some populations have been politely compliant, others have been disrespectfully truculent. Some have taken up vaccine with a vengeance, others are very vaccine resistant.

on the whole, the compliant, vaccinated jurisdictions have faired best and exited soonest. The exception being England, generally truculently uncooperative, but highly vaccinated, exiting very early and having high levels of Omicron.

This thread has become rather international. And jolly good for that too. I suppose we spent the first few thousand pages discussing the access and procedure to get into Tesco and will you need to wear a mask.

I've not been off the Island for over 10 years now and love reading about the adventures and barriers, hopping from one country to another.

Edited by AOR
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Of course it's the point.

Read the rest of my post. It’s far too early to tell.

The only direct comparison would be two identical countries, one with, one without. You don’t know what the result would have been without.

Its but one mitigating factor in the armoury.

It is completely pointless and is of no benefit. 

Zero.

There is no case to made whatsoever for vaccine passports for a common respiratory pathogen that now has a very low disease burden.

They are a total waste of time, money and effort. Bad policy, no matter its aim, is bad policy, always.

Well the vaccinations data resolution centre called & said sorry we can’t access your records as you’re in Isle of Man & we have same issues with Scotland, Ireland etc!!

She said there’s lots of issues with boosters not being uploaded, showing incorrectly across all UK and it’s being worked on as lots of people are having difficulties getting paperwork to travel!

Not much use but it’s not just an island problem 

1 hour ago, Banker said:

Well the vaccinations data resolution centre called & said sorry we can’t access your records as you’re in Isle of Man & we have same issues with Scotland, Ireland etc!!

She said there’s lots of issues with boosters not being uploaded, showing incorrectly across all UK and it’s being worked on as lots of people are having difficulties getting paperwork to travel!

Not much use but it’s not just an island problem 

Was this NHS Digital England vaccination data centre, or the Manx one?

Something doesn’t ring true about that response. There is a totally separate NHS Scotland Travel App and pass, and in Northern Ireland a paper certificate ( valid for 6 months ) is issued by The NI devolved Department of Health. 

So generally the data won’t appear on the English NHS App, or records. They’re totally separate. Nor will it be accessible by people working for the English vaccination data resolution centre.

The problems are down to people who have had cross border vaccinations across the devolved administrations.  It’s a similar, but separate issue.

Wales and IoM don’t have their own app, they use the English one. 

Of course, the common thread is the incompatible data storage making transfer, without manual intervention, difficult.

Problem is it took from June to end August to upload Manx data to the English web site, and until end August to upload to the App. IoM took its place behind Wales for manual upload/workaround.

As they knew of the difficulties at least 8 months ago the way booster and third doses was recorded here could, and should, have been changed.