IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

3 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

There seems to be a determined effort by CabO to keep border controls in some form. Like a lot of this covid stuff they don’t want to relinquish control over people. 

Hasn't there been a recent public consultation on just this?

56 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

There seems to be a determined effort by CabO to keep border controls in some form. Like a lot of this covid stuff they don’t want to relinquish control over people. 

Remember Gary Roberts wanted all sorts of controls and border force at the airport and the port. I reckon these landing cards or online forms will kept in place - on the grounds that everyone entering the island whether they are a tourist or resident, is coming to cause bad intentions or criminal activity. 

The swabbing and testing at the grandstand is finishing next week and transferring to the ‘The Crookall Centre’.

Well done IOMG/MANX CARE, they have baffled people. When I saw it I thought the CC was based within the Old Nobles Hospital. Apparently it’s the new name for the Former Finch Hill Doctors Surgery. Sadly this fact hasn’t been well communicated. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, 2112 said:

Remember Gary Roberts wanted all sorts of controls and border force at the airport and the port. I reckon these landing cards or online forms will kept in place - on the grounds that everyone entering the island whether they are a tourist or resident, is coming to cause bad intentions or criminal activity. 

Sounds a bit 1984 to me

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

I visited Tesco yesterday and a lot of people were wearing masks again. Considerably more than a couple of weeks ago. The queue out the door was huge with people making sure every square mm of their trolley was sanitised.

What do they know that I don’t? 

My son reckons more kids are wearing masks at his school in the past week as well.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

The media can’t help itself. The roll call of doom read out before every Mannin Line, IOM Newspapers still publishing the stats as important news...

Many people still regard those stats as "important news" it's not your job to decide what is and what is not. Of course, you're entitled to comment but are we to endure more of your self-regarding commentary, pissing all over the integrity of those with concerns?

Manx Radio yesterday asking Cannan if he will be reversing the removal of restrictions if case numbers go up.

When would be a suitable time for the question to be asked? When there's 2000 cases? The numbers are already up, the daily totals are concerning some people, it's to be expected.

They’re obsessed with scaring and controlling people.

Are they? You're the one sounding a bit paranoid and scared to be honest, is this predictable display of nonchalant machismo just a coping-mechanism to hide the fact that you're trembling underneath it all?

Most of whom now literally could not give a toss about anything to do with Covid. 

How have you arrived at "most" are you sure, can you prove it? A lot of the people I know, young and old, fit and not so are still quietly cautious, not panicked, not frightened, only keeping a close eye on how this outbreak progresses. You must be aware that there's a 50/50 chance of a new variant emerging which may prove lethal, or at least increase hospitalisation, and seeing us back to square to one. Be thankful that Omicron is, for now, apparently less likely to cause severe illness amongst the majority of people who catch it but it can still go one way or the other. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

26 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

You really have some big problems you need to work through. Why on earth would anyone be trembling at anything? Is that a serious comment? The vast majority of people I interact daily with stopped talking about the pandemic at least six months ago. Without comments on here or Twitter about the subject it literally would not figure in any offline conversation I would have over the course of a month or so. 

Whilst I kind of agree, and it was fading a bit, the war in Ukraine is sort of masking any other news at the moment.

I only have a passing interest in COVID numbers now as I consider a 3rd World war captures my imagination to an even greater degree. Its hard to say whether I would be interested had war not broken out.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Out of the blue said:

There was an interesting interview with the FT stats man on Thursday’s Radio 4 PM program. Basically it would now appear that as a result of the vaccination program, natural immunity from being infected and the milder variant, that Flu is now deadlier than Covid. 

Someone tell John Wardle & his Twitter mates!