IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

4 minutes ago, ellanvannin2010 said:

I notice that you now have to enter your date of birth, nationality and car registration on the Steam Packet bookings site, previously the first two were not there and you could ignore the third. Part of the Border controls?

won't be long before you have to speak manx and understand phil gawnes drawl to get in;

• Haha 2

On 3/9/2022 at 12:41 PM, snowman said:

UK plf for international arrivals is going to be removed soon. Watch this space. Potentially as soon as 18 March

UK government

TRAVEL UPDATE

All remaining Covid travel measures, including the Passenger Locator Form and tests for all arrivals, will be stood down for travel to the UK from 4am on 18 March.  

These changes are possible due to our vaccine rollout and mean greater freedom in time for Easter.

5 minutes ago, snowman said:

UK government

TRAVEL UPDATE

All remaining Covid travel measures, including the Passenger Locator Form and tests for all arrivals, will be stood down for travel to the UK from 4am on 18 March.  

These changes are possible due to our vaccine rollout and mean greater freedom in time for Easter.

Well I hope we do the same. 

• Like 1

Back to Hong Kong and the unfolding avoidable disaster, if you've any interest left read this thread. The consequences of thinking you can stop a pandemic with masks and closed borders and a complete failure to vaccinate the most vulnerable first. 

• Like 2

But unfortunately some commercial organisations are moving backwards rather than forwards.

I’m off to London for a theatre binge this weekend. One theatre has just e-mailed. As well as vaccine pass I’ll need an LFT or PCR within the 48 hours before attending.

The others aren’t even enforcing masks, just suggesting.

51 minutes ago, John Wright said:

But unfortunately some commercial organisations are moving backwards rather than forwards.

I’m off to London for a theatre binge this weekend. One theatre has just e-mailed. As well as vaccine pass I’ll need an LFT or PCR within the 48 hours before attending.

It's all just empty gesturing anyway. I have yet to find any covid check anywhere while traveling where they actually check your paperwork properly. Most of the time you could wave a page filled with random text and today's date in front of their faces and they'll wave you through, if there are any checks at all. 

54 minutes ago, John Wright said:

Some commercial organisations being intelligent, others just ignorant?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Amadeus said:

It's all just empty gesturing anyway. I have yet to find any covid check anywhere while traveling where they actually check your paperwork properly. Most of the time you could wave a page filled with random text and today's date in front of their faces and they'll wave you through, if there are any checks at all. 

6 minutes ago, GD4ELI said:

Some commercial organisations being intelligent, others just ignorant?

It’s just frustrating. Thanks ATG and Playhouse Theatre

@Amadeus, I’ve had my Vax cert scanned every time I’ve boarded international flights or ferries, and entering bars, restaurants and theatres, in Bulgaria and spain.