IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

5 minutes ago, Neil Down said:

Not sure what you are harping on about. Take all the risks you want but just don’t expect the rest of the island to sacrifice the safety we have just to satisfy your crazy ideas. Take a look at how many UK towns and cities are entering a second lockdown. 

You know exactly what I’m talking about. Very few people are weeing their pants about covid-19. A controlled and tested border presents no additional risk over a 14 day voluntary self isolation process that is clearly not supervised to any effective level by anyone currently. 

Edited by thesultanofsheight

4 minutes ago, thesultanofsheight said:

You know exactly what I’m talking about. Very few people are weeing their pants about covid-19. A controlled and tested border presents no additional risk over a 14 day voluntary self isolation process that is clearly not supervised to any effective level by anyone currently. 

I don’t believe anybody is “weeing” their pants as you so eloquently put it. They are however aware of the risks of just opening the borders to pander to the whims of a few on Manx Forums. They’ll open when the time is right and hopefully not before

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Neil Down said:

I don’t believe anybody is “weeing” their pants as you so eloquently put it. They are however aware of the risks of just opening the borders to pander to the whims of a few on Manx Forums. They’ll open when the time is right and hopefully not before

That’s just untrue. They aren’t whims they are perfectly sensible and valid issues that most sensible Manx people, other than scared pensioners and willful scaremongers, discuss every day. 

7 minutes ago, finlo said:

Sorry Dilli but most of them are still stringing it out just like the teachers which you were less than impressed with!

The teachers are taking the piss big time. Doctors being cautious, but I have had no problem being seen face to face.

As I indicated, that may be down to severity of illness. Don’t wish yourself harm.

25 minutes ago, Neil Down said:

Not sure what you are harping on about. Take all the risks you want but just don’t expect the rest of the island to sacrifice the safety we have just to satisfy your crazy ideas. Take a look at how many UK towns and cities are entering a second lockdown. 

Why are they in lockdown?  Is it because cases, not positive tests, hospital admissions and deaths have increased?  Or, is it because the fear momentum is impossible to stop?

I get the worry about transmission to the vulnerable, but that can be managed without a lockdown.  Allow the economically active continue to be active to generate the taxes to pay for the vulnerable, health and social services etc. and allow the virus to run its course rather than keep it on ice ready to leap out at any time.

As mentioned above, it is highly likely that the actions to 'eradicate' Covid will cause many more deaths than the disease itself.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, thesultanofsheight said:

That’s just untrue. They aren’t whims they are perfectly sensible and valid issues that most sensible Manx people, other than scared pensioners and willful scaremongers, discuss every day. 

I’m not privy to your circle of friends but my guess is that the majority on the island is content with the way this is being handled

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Gladys said:

Why are they in lockdown?  Is it because cases, not positive tests, hospital admissions and deaths have increased?  Or, is it because the fear momentum is impossible to stop?

I get the worry about transmission to the vulnerable, but that can be managed without a lockdown.  Allow the economically active continue to be active to generate the taxes to pay for the vulnerable, health and social services etc. and allow the virus to run its course rather than keep it on ice ready to leap out at any time.

As mentioned above, it is highly likely that the actions to 'eradicate' Covid will cause many more deaths than the disease itself.

Would you prefer that the cases turned into deaths before any action taken?

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Gladys said:

So just how do you manage that risk then ?  Shocked by that tbh

3 minutes ago, Neil Down said:

I’m not privy to your circle of friends but my guess is that the majority on the island is content with the way this is being handled

It isn’t really being handled though. The focus is on financial entrapment to maximize VAT and tax receipts not on optimizing and managing the actual covid risks for the population. 

3 minutes ago, thesultanofsheight said:

It isn’t really being handled though. The focus is on financial entrapment to maximize VAT and tax receipts not on optimizing and managing the actual covid risks for the population. 

Absolutely gobsmacked by your response. You are not of this earth , are you ?