IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

On 4/1/2022 at 2:04 PM, wrighty said:

@FilippoI skim-read some of that drivel. One question - wouldn’t it have been easier just to get your jabs rather than do all that dark-web/fake ID/crypto stuff you were waffling about?

Have you though it moving forward? Are you going to spend the rest of your life being vaxed and vaxed again and again to protect you against this version of cold.

I had covid twice: found out only because I had to do a test to travel. The first time it was a cold, a bit worse than the usual cold but a even lesser illness than what Filippo describes to have had a month ago. The second time, it was nothing at all; I only knew my “positiveness” because I had to do the stupid test.

After that, got tired of all that testing and started simply producing fake Antigen/PCR test results by editing the PDFs of previous tests, changing the date. My covid pass was bought on Telegram for 200 EUR. If you think I am bad, don’t care. I have the right to live my life. I have the right to manage my own health.

Give me one sole reason why I should ever have bothered with Covid; when I didn’t, and I am perfectly fine.

Your health is outsourced to the government. I don’t think you are going to live a longer or more prosperous life. It has never been in offer from the government.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

30 minutes ago, Escape Artist said:

Have you though it moving forward? Are you going to spend the rest of your life being vaxed and vaxed again and again to protect you against this version of cold.

I had covid twice: found out only because I had to do a test to travel. The first time it was a cold, a bit worse than the usual cold but a even lesser illness than what Filippo describes to have had a month ago. The second time, it was nothing at all; I only knew my “positiveness” because I had to do the stupid test.

After that, got tired of all that testing and started simply producing fake Antigen/PCR test results by editing the PDFs of previous tests, changing the date. My covid pass was bought on Telegram for 200 EUR. If you think I am bad, don’t care. I have the right to live my life. I have the right to manage my own health.

Give me one sole reason why I should ever have bothered with Covid; when I didn’t, and I am perfectly fine.

Your health is outsourced to the government. I don’t think you are going to live a longer or more prosperous life. It has never been in offer from the government.

I have been told Covid can cause issues with brain function ...

Edited by daisy
  • Haha 4

13 hours ago, John Wright said:

Hi John,

What happened? 25 pages have just disappeared from this thread. The previous total count was 3249 rather than 3224. And there are still 15 replies per page. Thus, some replies must have disappeared.

Are replies being removed? Or there is some kind of malfunction?

I ask you because I don't know who is the administrator of the web site; but surely you do.

Kind regards

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Hard Truth said:

Hi John,

What happened? 25 pages have just disappeared from this thread. The previous total count was 3249 rather than 3224. And there are still 15 replies per page. Thus, some replies must have disappeared.

I ask you because I don't know who is the administrator of the web site; but surely you do.

Kind regards

Surely it is obvious the moderator/s of this site aren't interested in even-handed discussion?

Note that Ian Kirk, vilified by this forums' 'keyboard warriors', in many cases as 'a loony' despite the opposite being true and his sterling and selfless work helping those genuinely in distress, was quietly and appropriately found 'not guilty' this week. And praised by the Deemster for his excellent self-defence. Not a loony in sight.. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-isle-of-man-60944145

• Like 1

First, it’s not our job to ensure even handedness. MF isn’t a public service broadcaster. It’s a platform.

Second, our job is to keep it legal. Not to act as common law editors.

Third, something went wrong last night. We’ve identified the posts set invisible, all belonging to one poster, we are working out how to restore. At present it’s a manual process.

Fourth, no Deemster was involved in Mr Kirk’s case.

17 hours ago, Hard Truth said:

Hi John,

Kind regards

9 minutes ago, New Broom said:

Surely it is obvious the moderator/s of this site aren't interested in even-handed discussion?

Note that Ian Kirk, vilified by this forums' 'keyboard warriors', in many cases as 'a loony' despite the opposite being true and his sterling and selfless work helping those genuinely in distress, was quietly and appropriately found 'not guilty' this week. And praised by the Deemster for his excellent self-defence. Not a loony in sight.. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-isle-of-man-60944145

• Like 2

3 hours ago, John Wright said:

First, it’s not our job to ensure even handedness. MF isn’t a public service broadcaster. It’s a platform.

Thanks. I’m at a bit of loss as to what went on here. Have we been hacked/hijacked? 

21 hours ago, TheTeapot said:

Watch this, about China.

Dear Teapot

Thanks for pointing it out to us. Why we don’t make a list of those on this we site who supported the restrictions, and those who were opposed? And ask them how their opinion on the matter has evolved. Assuming they are honest enough to admit it.

In retrospective things will look different to what many people (even when well intentioned, rather than having an obvious political agenda) thought at the beginning of the Covid accident.

During the year in which this island shut its border to the UK, health related travel between the island and the UK dropped by 80%, according to IOM government figures.

The balance sheet of closing the border is absolutely negative even strictly within the realm of health related outcomes. And don’t forget all the other issues. Prosperity and freedom of choice count something.

People don’t die sooner than expected from Covid. Thy die of all the other illnesses.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Youaintseenme said:

Who thinks todays hospital figures which actually detail why people are in and how many have contracted the virus in hospital are probably representative of the situation for quite some time?

Why on earth didn’t they make this information available months ago when people were asking for it?  Maybe the fear wouldn’t have been as great of people knew the truth.

Politics.

1 minute ago, Youaintseenme said:

Who thinks todays hospital figures which actually detail why people are in and how many have contracted the virus in hospital are probably representative of the situation for quite some time?

Why on earth didn’t they make this information available months ago when people were asking for it?  Maybe the fear wouldn’t have been as great of people knew the truth.

Exactly they were just control measures.

• Like 1

Most people are not reporting it online so numbers are down, the Island is rife with it atm.   The nursing homes and residential homes all have cases plus the hospital numbers are up.   Some nurses that work on the bank system do shifts at Nobles and residential homes I have been told so no wonder it is spreading.   I know so many people who have it atm it is just a question of when you get it not if.    Luckily some are not badly affected but some are it is a bit like Russian roulette some of the people that have suffered the worst are young and fit yet friends whom are deemed to be vulnerable have had very mild symptoms.

Anyone that hasn’t had it will eventually get it, i was starting to think I was immune, I’ve been exposed to it previously but it’s only in this last week I have tested positive, luckily I seem to be have very mild symptoms. I’ve taken the decision to stay away from others for as long as I have symptoms because it feels like the right thing to do but it’s absolutely rife at the moment and certainly higher than figures would suggest.

• Like 2

I still swear I had it at the end of 2019. To date, not had any of the scarients.  It would be interesting to see if anyone else is in the same camp.  I know of at least 5 others like me.  All ill with all the symptoms before 2020 and have not had anything since, despite living with, or having close contacts around people who have had the other variations. 

Edited by x-in-man
  • Like 3