IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

28 minutes ago, x-in-man said:

I still swear I had it at the end of 2019. To date, not had any of the scarients.  It would be interesting to see if anyone else is in the same camp.  I know of at least 5 others like me.  All ill with all the symptoms before 2020 and have not had anything since, despite living with, or having close contacts around people who have had the other variations. 

My son, and a colleague at work both had symptoms towards the end of 2019

1 hour ago, x-in-man said:

I still swear I had it at the end of 2019. To date, not had any of the scarients.  It would be interesting to see if anyone else is in the same camp.  I know of at least 5 others like me.  All ill with all the symptoms before 2020 and have not had anything since, despite living with, or having close contacts around people who have had the other variations. 

February, 2019 for sure for me. Extremely and uniquely ill for ten to fourteen days with a collection of symptoms never-before experienced. Hungover from it for a month afterward. Post-viral syndrome my doc diagnosed. Shortly after, it had a name. Since then had numerous contacts with people who were, or tested positive shortly after meeting-up.

Time yet though, I suppose. 

On 4/6/2022 at 7:00 PM, TheTeapot said:

Watch this, about China.

More about the same topic:

https://unherd.com/thepost/inside-shanghais-zero-covid-camp/

It tells about a young Ukrainian lady living is Shanghai who has been brought to an "isolation camp" because her covid test result was "abnormal".

She is kept there indefinitely and not even been told when and which conditions she might be released.

It would be utterly impossible for me to go along that crap for a sole day of my life. I am sorry CCP (Chinese Communist Party) I wasn't made for your shit.

Edited by Simple Stuff
  • Haha 1

On 4/8/2022 at 8:01 AM, x-in-man said:

I am 100% positive that I had it late December 2019. In a mess , high fever , coughing really badly , no taste or appetite . When the symptoms came out I could tick every box and laid me up for around 8 weeks. I'd had flu over the years like everyone but this was so much worse. Again like you nothing since and close contacts all gone down with it. Makes you wonder !   

On 4/8/2022 at 8:01 AM, x-in-man said:

On 4/8/2022 at 8:29 AM, Passing Time said:

On 4/8/2022 at 9:14 AM, quilp said:

36 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

Yeah my brother is the same.  Late 2019 in Portugal he was destroyed by 'the worst flu he's ever had'.

Funnily enough he works at one of the schools and hasn't succumbed since.  

1 hour ago, Numbnuts said:

I am 100% positive that I had it late December 2019. In a mess , high fever , coughing really badly , no taste or appetite . When the symptoms came out I could tick every box and laid me up for around 8 weeks. I'd had flu over the years like everyone but this was so much worse. Again like you nothing since and close contacts all gone down with it. Makes you wonder !   

I was the same in December 2019 after coming back from Maderia, never been so ill, took me about 3 months to get over it.

• Like 1

Not the first time Dr drama would have been wrong in her opinion.

As others have said, I had family who were really ill at the back end of 2019 after they had not long traveled back from Europe and have not managed to pick up Covid or test positive for it anyway.

Edited by immortalpuppet

2 hours ago, immortalpuppet said:

Not the first time Dr drama would have been wrong in her opinion.

As others have said, I had family who were really ill at the back end of 2019 after they had not long traveled back from Europe and have not managed to pick up Covid or test positive for it anyway.

Similar, ill after returning from Spain January 2020 , in bed 3 days . telephone call with GP , take paracetamol etc it’s just flu etc. Not caught Covid yet!

So, those that got this mysterious early strain of covid, before it had been discovered, have longstanding immunity?

I'm with Dr G on this one.  Whatever you lot think, you didn't have covid prior to December 2019.  We've seen how it spreads - the epidemic would have happened much sooner if you had.

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, wrighty said:

So, those that got this mysterious early strain of covid, before it had been discovered, have longstanding immunity?

I'm with Dr G on this one.  Whatever you lot think, you didn't have covid prior to December 2019.  We've seen how it spreads - the epidemic would have happened much sooner if you had.

There were claims in Italy that the virus could have been circulating for upto 3 months before it was identified. 

48 minutes ago, wrighty said:

many folks were ill in Morecambe in November of 19, and not one person i deal with, with addiction has contracted Covid through the small group that they associate through, sharing needles or bottles. All sick in 19 though. Coincidence..probably !

Edited by Banky

52 minutes ago, wrighty said:

People are getting COVID multiple times (Ashford's friend has probably had it seventy times by now) there's little chance immunity would last this long.