IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

11 hours ago, wrighty said:

So, those that got this mysterious early strain of covid, before it had been discovered, have longstanding immunity?

I'm with Dr G on this one.  Whatever you lot think, you didn't have covid prior to December 2019.  We've seen how it spreads - the epidemic would have happened much sooner if you had.

Later varieties spread quicker.  The one the finally got round to test and detect  may have been a second or third variant.  

A virus will mutate to spread quicker - weakening as it does so.  The run up to the end of 2019 saw schools collapse classes and year groups due to shortage of staff and regular deep cleans.    

17 hours ago, AOR said:

I'm a #metoo on this.

Sometime end of 2019. I just wanted to curl up and die for a couple of days. I had never experienced anything quite like it but I accept it could have been a flu. 

22+ years ago I likely thought a bad cold was flu. Actually had flu pre Christmas 99 to post new year 2000. Two weeks I bed, could hardly get out. Don’t think some people realise how bad flu can be. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, finlo said:

£100 or so fine whoopy do!

That isn't the issue.  It is that the law, which he set, was broken.  The only PM in British history to be guilty of a criminal offence, apparently.   I have to wonder if any other PM  has ever been slammed with a parking fine. Are they not criminal (which don't count for disclosure as a criminal offence, I think)?

25 minutes ago, Gladys said:

That isn't the issue.  It is that the law, which he set, was broken.  The only PM in British history to be guilty of a criminal offence, apparently.   I have to wonder if any other PM  has ever been slammed with a parking fine. Are they not criminal (which don't count for disclosure as a criminal offence, I think)?

Personally not bothered & don’t think many are other than starmer & wee jimmy 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Banker said:

Personally not bothered & don’t think many are other than starmer & wee jimmy 

But you should be, the Law is the law whether you personally like it or not. Breaking the Law carries with it penalties and in this case should mean they both resign.

Do you feel that if you can't be bothered about a particular Law you are able to go out and break it, so you don't mind Murder, Rape etc etc

Edited by alpha-acid
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, alpha-acid said:

But you should be, the Law is the law whether you personally like it or not. Breaking the Law carries with it penalties and in this case should mean they both resign.

Do you feel that if you can't be bothered about a particular Law you are able to go out and break it, so you don't mind Murder, Rape etc etc

More importantly,  it gives a hint of the moral rectitude of those making the rules. 

• Like 1