IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

32 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

Bloody stupid nhs app. My boosters keep coming and going. When I log in no 3rd booster. Then it appears. When I print the pdf though it's not there.

Is a screenshot of the barcode sufficient for travel?

In my experience, yes

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, quilp said:

How so..?

Whacking National Insurance, especially employer's NI, right up for starters. 

Still, someone has to pay for Michelle Mone's dodgy PPE, and all the other Covid-related dodginess and it isn't going to be them.

Edited by Ringy Rose

13 hours ago, Manx17 said:

Would they though? 

There are so many people waiting on waiting lists. Are they waiting until it’s too late? So their bodies can’t fight?  That’s the question.

They are not very forward in giving real data. So it’s a guessing game for everyone. 
they call it data protection. Another question is who are they protecting?

Plenty of data In surveillance reports, most of deaths in 80+ categories & no one under 40

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/most-covid-deaths-in-people-aged-80/

18 hours ago, Happier diner said:

Bloody stupid nhs app. My boosters keep coming and going. When I log in no 3rd booster. Then it appears. When I print the pdf though it's not there.

Is a screenshot of the barcode sufficient for travel?

@John Wrighthas much more actual real world experience of this than me but be careful as some countries eg Switzerland it is stated that a screenshot or photograph is not acceptable. It might depend on the staff member you meet at the border.

22 minutes ago, ellanvannin2010 said:

@John Wrighthas much more actual real world experience of this than me but be careful as some countries eg Switzerland it is stated that a screenshot or photograph is not acceptable. It might depend on the staff member you meet at the border.

I’ve not flown into Switzerland. But my experience has been that almost anything will get you checked in and on the plane.

There are very few checks on arriving now. But, when there were, I’ve got into E, BG, I, GR, F with screen shot of the most recent vaccine shot rather than the full .pdf or printed certificate

Over the next 2 or 3 weeks I’ll be entering IRL, E, F, E, BG and E again. I’ve downloaded, e-mailed, screenshot and printed. But my go to, where required, will be the screenshot.

Paul did F, CH, I, GR & BG, by road, in February on a screenshot. He’s done GR, I, E, by ferry in the last week on screenshots.

( CH was only for an hour. He was heading for Montblanc tunnel, took a wrong turn, bought a vignette, before he realised )

55 minutes ago, ellanvannin2010 said:

48 minutes ago, John Wright said:

I’ve not flown into Switzerland. But my experience has been that almost anything will get you checked in and on the plane.

There are very few checks on arriving now. But, when there were, I’ve got into E, BG, I, GR, F with screen shot of the most recent vaccine shot rather than the full .pdf or printed certificate

Over the next 2 or 3 weeks I’ll be entering IRL, E, F, E, BG and E again. I’ve downloaded, e-mailed, screenshot and printed. But my go to, where required, will be the screenshot.

Paul did F, CH, I, GR & BG, by road, in February on a screenshot. He’s done GR, I, E, by ferry in the last week on screenshots.

( CH was only for an hour. He was heading for Montblanc tunnel, took a wrong turn, bought a vignette, before he realised )

I uploaded my screenshot of the bar code into the Spanish website that verifies in advance. It gave me a nice green tick. So it seems that all that us needed is the barcode. 

Fingers crossed. I can always log on to the app in emergency!

52 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

I uploaded my screenshot of the bar code into the Spanish website that verifies in advance. It gave me a nice green tick. So it seems that all that us needed is the barcode. 

Fingers crossed. I can always log on to the app in emergency!

SpTH? That’s closed now.

Just now, John Wright said:

Yes, it’s an EU wide validation checker. You’ve just accessed via the E portal.

However, at the border, there’s no guarantee a screen shot would be accepted.

I can still open the app. It's there now. However if I print my certificate as a PDF it isn't. 

6 minutes ago, ellanvannin2010 said:

Just make sure you are not in front of me at immigration:D

I can't work out if the booster is supposed to show on the certificate or not. It's not a full vaccination. It's shows on my record with a bar code but does show if I print the certificate.

Is that the same for everyone?

8 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

If your barcode is recognised you get this

Screenshot_20220415-140511.thumb.png.197c66dc13ec239a685df67b2d87f651.png

Yes. It says you’ve got a certificate which is within time validity and using the right vaccines. But it’s not what is used at the border. It’s a question of whether the reader will accept a screen shot, or not.