IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

1 hour ago, John Wright said:

I’ve now had my invite for dose 5/booster 2, next week. I’ll be going. And getting dose 6/booster 3 in November with my flu jab.

My cohort of leukaemia/lymphoma inpatients on ward 7 Royal Liverpool, had their 5th dose 6 weeks ago.

Wonder if this will show on my vax certificate? I last had to show one on 22/4 boarding the ferry from Rosslare to Bilbao.

My 90 years old Mum is still waiting for her second booster, rang 111 & said she’ll get invite shortly so not sure how efficient latest roll out is

• Like 1

I had one two weeks ago but chatting to friends the invites seem haphazard, one friend, younger than me, same doctor, alphabetically after me got his letter four weeks before me he is also medically fitter than I am, live in same area.   We could not work out how the invites were compiled 🤫.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, John Wright said:

I’ve now had my invite for dose 5/booster 2, next week. I’ll be going. And getting dose 6/booster 3 in November with my flu jab.

My cohort of leukaemia/lymphoma inpatients on ward 7 Royal Liverpool, had their 5th dose 6 weeks ago.

Wonder if this will show on my vax certificate? I last had to show one on 22/4 boarding the ferry from Rosslare to Bilbao.

Yes John - I was wondering the same, as I am gonna have my Jab No 5 next week, also.

42 minutes ago, KERED said:

Yes John - I was wondering the same, as I am gonna have my Jab No 5 next week, also.

At least no one is setting a 270 day time limit since last dose on boosters, and I’m not in the catch 22 of having had my third primary, but it not showing, and my 2nd dose being more than 9 months before hand, which is where I was in late February.

1 hour ago, 0bserver said:

It's certainly doing the rounds again. 14 people I know have got it at the moment and a good few of them are really ill this time. 

I guess their LFTs could just be old and not working accurately?

Free LFTS ending soon according to Hooper so unless people are prepared to pay for them it should stop the constant testing. Assume Manx Care will also have to stop asking for them before appointments 

6 minutes ago, Banker said:

Free LFTS ending soon according to Hooper so unless people are prepared to pay for them it should stop the constant testing. Assume Manx Care will also have to stop asking for them before appointments 

You can buy for £2 each on line.

Presumably they wont be universally free, but will be available to pensioners and those on benefits and could be administered at the entrance to the hospital if numbers warrant.

4 minutes ago, John Wright said:

You can buy for £2 each on line.

Presumably they wont be universally free, but will be available to pensioners and those on benefits and could be administered at the entrance to the hospital if numbers warrant.

It’s not clear yet as Hooper says decisions to be made but the costs of free tests must be very high as UK don’t provide free ones any more

https://www.manxradio.com/news/coronavirus-news/lfts-cant-be-universally-free-forever-says-minister/

18 minutes ago, Banker said:

It’s not clear yet as Hooper says decisions to be made but the costs of free tests must be very high as UK don’t provide free ones any more

https://www.manxradio.com/news/coronavirus-news/lfts-cant-be-universally-free-forever-says-minister/

The cost won’t be why the UK isn’t providing them. The UK wants to pretend it’s all gone away. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

56 minutes ago, Whiskey said:

The cost won’t be why the UK isn’t providing them. The UK wants to pretend it’s all gone away. 

It's not pretending it has gone away, it will never go away, it is accepting that it is entirely normal now that there is substantial immunity in the population.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

I’ve been pretending it’s gone away for over a year now. It works for me. 

Doesn't take much effort to pretend it's gone away either. It has, to all intents and purposes, genuinely faded into insignificance.  

• Like 1