IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

7 hours ago, Whiskey said:

Don’t misunderstand me, I’m not suggesting we test all the time. I was just querying the UK government’s motives for charging for tests. 

I said ages ago that if you charge for the tests, people won't bother and the whole issue of Covid will go away. It will be treated as another cold, as it probably should have been from the get go. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Cambon said:

I said ages ago that if you charge for the tests, people won't bother and the whole issue of Covid will go away. It will be treated as another cold, as it probably should have been from the get go. 

But don't forget DrG's prediction that the hospital will be overloaded post TT

• Like 2

This was announced yesterday on MR:

Move follows UK Health Security Agency advice

Manx Care has dropped the requirement for people to wear face coverings in its health and social care settings on the Island with immediate effect.

The health body says it's made the move following the latest guidance from the United Kingdom Health Security Agency.

Despite all Covid precautions being dropped on the Isle of Man at the end of March, Manx Care kept a series of measures in place - including mandatory face coverings.

Now it says they won't be required, unless there is a clinical reason to wear one.

Walked into our GP surgery today to be handed a mask and told to wear it.

• Confused 1

15 minutes ago, 0bserver said:

It won't be overloaded but I don't think I've known more people with covid at any stage since 2020 than at present. 

Agreed.  Myself and partner have it at the moment, as does my neighbour. My three doses don't seem to have stopped me from contracting it, feel a bit cheated to be honest 

A friends business has had 4 go down with it from Friday. All vacinated etc.  Could have been worse as his business is TT related so at least he got a profitable TT in before more than half his staff sucumbed .

Edited by Numbnuts
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, 0bserver said:

It won't be overloaded but I don't think I've known more people with covid at any stage since 2020 than at present. 

I didn't think for one minute it would be overloaded. Merely reminding everyone about the words of doom. 

It's seems to be quite common now. I think endemic is the correct term. Lots of people with mild illness. 

We have a few off work. Some maybe skiving I think. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, quilp said:

Don't feel cheated. You'll never know how bad you might be had you not had your jabs. 

Exactly. Had all my jabs. Tested positive last week (LFT tests arrived the day after requesting them online)

Felt really shit and exhausted for a good few days.  ( don’t let anyone tell you it’s just like having flu)

Coming out of the woods now, but glad I had the jabs and minimized the chances of things turning out worse