IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

covid's in my house again.

Wife and kids have all had it, some more then once. All catholic.

I'm protestant, superficially, and have remained clear of it. So a positive work ethic and lack of guilt seems to be the way forward.

• Haha 8

8 hours ago, Numbnuts said:

Met him years ago in a house on a Protestant estate in NI . What a bigoted but powerful man.   

Sorry, are we talking about me or Paisley here?

If it was me, I must have been really pissed that weekend, I didn't even know I'd ever been to NI.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Numbnuts said:

Met him years ago in a house on a Protestant estate in NI . What a bigoted but powerful man.   

I remember a story in Private Eye. A local reporter saw Paisley in an unexpected location, and asked him what business he had there. 'The Lord's business. Fuck off!' replied the man of God.

• Haha 6

NPM is reporting that the island's 'R number' (remember those?) has jumped from 1 last week to 4.67 this week. Lol.

Anecdotally that makes sense as a lot of people I know have it. But they're just cracking on with life and the hospital doesn't seem to be being overrun like I believe was predicted by@rachomics

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, 0bserver said:

NPM is reporting that the island's 'R number' (remember those?) has jumped from 1 last week to 4.67 this week. Lol.

Anecdotally that makes sense as a lot of people I know have it. But they're just cracking on with life and the hospital doesn't seem to be being overrun like I believe was predicted by@rachomics

I’ve got Covid at the moment. I really couldn’t give a toss. All these lunatics on social media who still want to close the world down do my head in. We had the TT. It was fun. Now some of us have got Covid. So what? 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, 0bserver said:

The Twitter mob aren’t happy with some saying they are cancelling scan’s, dental appointments etc due to risks!! Seems some would rather risk cancer & tooth ache, absolutely ridiculous!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, quilp said:

The highest R-rate in the UK isn't it? 12 months ago we'd have been locked-up good and tight with those numbers. Still early days on those numbers too. 

1 hour ago, 0bserver said:

But why are these people testing themselves. No one is testing in the UK and that's why we look bad. I am totally baffled. Its the way it is now. Its endemic. We have to change the way we think. You don't test for Flu or colds and we get outbreaks of them. If we stop the silly obsession with doing LFT tests, you watch, that R number will then match the UK 👍

• Like 7