IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

TT COVID has bit me only tested after a real brute of a headache and got the two red lines for the first time, headache gone after 8/9 hours, not overly bothered just got to get on with life though I am people avoiding ( not that hard for me) keeping away from shops pubs etc. It’s ripping through the island let’s hope it disappears as quick and builds up further immunity. The worlds got to keep turning and much worse things are happening in Ukraine. 

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Youaintseenme said:

I agree, but some workplaces are asking people to test.

So I am off work when there is nothing wrong with me, which suits me because although I can work from home I am still getting loads of free time to get out for walks and bike rides on full pay.

Good point. Should all end by end of month though. Enjoy the cycling. 

• Like 1

Reporting a positive result seems dafter here than the UK. In the UK you report it with your personal details, they issue a "you have covid" cert - which is handy if you need to cancel a flight and the operator only accepts those, and not pictures of you looking glum holding a positive LFT. On island if you report your positive (which basically 0 people are doing), you do it anonymously and get no such confirmation.

1 hour ago, John Wright said:

I’d presume it’s based on testing on hospital admission or attendance ( not necessarily for covid ). That may give a large enough sample size and spread?

The genotyping I’m not sure there’s been any evidence that the Manx pandemic has ever been anything other than part of the English ( if not the UK ) one as far as genotype. So the UK evidence of omicron BA 4 and BA 5 being on the ascendant is probably reflected here.

They seem to have more resistance to vaccine boosters 6-9 months old and to have increased propensity for affecting the lungs.

im not panicked or unduly concerned. Had my dose 5/2nd booster this morning. I’m getting on with life.

Its clearly more serious and prevalent than most flu. Otherwise there wouldn’t be all the sickness and absence affecting service delivery by buses, pharmacies, teachers, etc.

I also had my Jab No5 on Tuesday, and already, all 5 are showing on my Covid Pass.

7 minutes ago, HeliX said:

Reporting a positive result seems dafter here than the UK. In the UK you report it with your personal details, they issue a "you have covid" cert - which is handy if you need to cancel a flight and the operator only accepts those, and not pictures of you looking glum holding a positive LFT. On island if you report your positive (which basically 0 people are doing), you do it anonymously and get no such confirmation.

Do you not have to pay a fee for a certificate, in both jurisdictions?

4 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

Do you not have to pay a fee for a certificate, in both jurisdictions?

Not a scooby. LoganAir's instructions (which don't apply to the IOM) were to submit the LFT reading online and send them a copy of the confirmation. Which you don't get here.

EDIT: When I told them that's not an option on the Island, their suggestion was to ask the Doctor to write a letter...

Edited by HeliX

4 minutes ago, HeliX said:

Not a scooby. LoganAir's instructions (which don't apply to the IOM) were to submit the LFT reading online and send them a copy of the confirmation. Which you don't get here.

EDIT: When I told them that's not an option on the Island, their suggestion was to ask the Doctor to write a letter...

I think we are talking about slightly different subjects here.

In practice R rate will stay the same, test or not. R is the transmission  rate. Not the actual level of infection in the community.

That's true as well. Should call it the 'reported' or apparent R rate. Yes the actual rate of transmission is not related to the number of +ve tests but the number of people who are infectious and the number of close interactions with those who are not. 

In practice R rate will stay the same, test or not. R is the transmission  rate. Not the actual level of infection in the community.

The actual R will be unaffected by testing (unless you factor in large numbers of reported tests leading to general behavior change) but the quoted figure depends entirely on it, as it’s simply an estimate based on dividing this week’s numbers by last’s. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, thommo2010 said:

So many people I know have it again some are on their 3rd or 4th infection.

I've still not had it. 

Remember in December when we posted similar, only for me to succumb within days? This time Thommo…

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, manxman34 said:

I remember a story in Private Eye. A local reporter saw Paisley in an unexpected location, and asked him what business he had there. 'The Lord's business. Fuck off!' replied the man of God.

AROUND THE SAME TIME I remember an encounter in the middle of Manchester airport with The 2 main union men for the miners at the time, mid 80s  -  Arthur Scargill and his No.2 whose name escapes me now.

Both Arthur  and his side kick had a couple very young very short skirt and low cut top wearing "Ladies" hanging off their arms. Cheshire Cat does not do Arthurs look justice....

They were quite obviously their secretaries......

The trappings of "POWER"

Edited by Boris Johnson
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Happier diner said:

I agree with that but, and its just my experience admittedly , but a good proportion of people seem to be off sick, more so because they tested positive and less so because of their illness. My advice to them - STOP TESTING THEN

PS My grammar is rubbish today

The people who are testing are those getting full pay for being off eg bus drivers, teachers, all government workers, most of finance sector.

Those not testing are those who won’t get full pay for enjoying the sun eg self employed, building trade, bar staff etc 

• Like 2