IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

One thing I noticed yesterday is that Covid certificates now have a 180 day validity rather than 30 days.

I downloaded my last one in late May, for return home, just in case. That was 30. Checked my dose 5 yesterday and a certificate down loaded yesterday is valid until 14 December

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, John Wright said:

One thing I noticed yesterday is that Covid certificates now have a 180 day validity rather than 30 days.

I downloaded my last one in late May, for return home, just in case. That was 30. Checked my dose 5 yesterday and a certificate down loaded yesterday is valid until 14 December

Likewise for me, John.

On 6/17/2022 at 10:36 PM, Jarndyce said:

I’m beginning to think that you’re making this up as you go along…no-one has ever supported Queen's Park!

Ah , perhaps that’s why I’ve never come across one. Met a few Gable Endies fans though  , a hardy crew.

In the EU they are getting jittery about Covid. As of today, in France “hospital admissions were up 27% and intensive care admissions 17% in a week”.  Germans have concluded that “the combination of a more dangerous variant with rapidly waning immunity could pose serious problems…masks indoors and capacity limits at major public events could soon be advisable.” In the Netherlands “the two biggest Dutch employers’ organisations called on Monday for people to return to observing basic coronavirus hygiene rules, saying a new wave appeared imminent”. Some local IOM residents who contracted Covid in the last couple of weeks are fully vaccinated ‘50 something’ professional people who are otherwise fit and healthy. I was told they have been feeling like cr*p with symptoms including fever, coughs, debilitating fatigue, etc.

My point is that Covid has not gone away, and consequently even more people will become ill. The vaccines’ sphere of protection only appears to last 6 months or so. It looks as if the new emerging ‘vulnerable’ category consists of individuals (generally healthy ones in their 50s) who are too old to naturally resist Covid, but are currently considered to be to too young and too healthy to receive the latest booster jab. IMHO, unless vaccines will be administered in a campaign similar to how this was conducted last year, we could potentially be sleepwalking into another public health crisis. What is unclear is how permanent this solution is going to be and whether this is infact ‘new and normal’ way of life. Hopefully not, nevertheless another booster is clearly much more preferable to another lockdown.

The other day on MR our Health Minister said that at this stage he was not too worried about the number of positive Covid cases on the Island. Given how the situation is unfolding on the Continent, I think he should be worried.

• Like 3

I am on day 10 of infection.  My first case. It has been a really shitty week, terrible throat and cough,  no energy and thick head. Now feeling much better but do not want a repeat. BTW I am 63 and fundamentally healthy. 

• Thanks 1

On 6/17/2022 at 9:31 PM, Youaintseenme said:

All this public sector private sector COVID stuff is tiresome.

Maybe it’s as simple as people with social lives and those without?

I am private sector and am on my third dose as is my wife.  We do have lots of friends and go out a lot though.  Maybe that’s the differentiating factor?

When you say 'dose' do you mean actually being ill enough to be bedridden or just a diagnosis using one of those unreliable tests?

4 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/islands-covid-r-number-jumps-to-5-15/

Latest news says we are on the up

Doesn't say how many of the 18 in hospital are there with COVID or there because of COVID

Rumour mill says 4

The funny thing is that people will start obsessing over these numbers and the 'jump', but the data is already almost a week out of date. It's all historical. 

It could be way worse than 5.15 now or it could be way better than 5.15. 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, 0bserver said:

The funny thing is that people will start obsessing over these numbers and the 'jump', but the data is already almost a week out of date. It's all historical. 

It could be way worse than 5.15 now or it could be way better than 5.15. 

Likely to be considerably worse - of the couple dozen or so people I know who had it over the last month I'm the only one who reported it on the Gov website. And I only did that in an effort to get a refund on a flight.

Knowledge of the number doesn't change the number though. 

• Like 2