IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

36 minutes ago, 0bserver said:

After spending 3 years telling us all how at risk they are, it's now amazing to see how many old people are shuffling round Strand Street coughing into the air and blowing their snot rags all over the show. 

image.jpeg.69b0c5e9c1681299584af2542fd932f0.jpeg

It’s also amazing how many public sector workers are out & about with no symptoms but enjoying another 7 days off in sun on full pay !!

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Banker said:

It’s also amazing how many public sector workers are out & about with no symptoms but enjoying another 7 days off in sun on full pay !!

Could be wrong but a lot of workplaces are mandating that staff must not attend the office/workplace if they test positive. 

At the same time there are now no restrictions on going about your business. 

I have no issues with that, just wish people might take a bit more care with personal hygiene.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HeliX said:

People have vulnerable relatives.

They do, we all do, in the main but.....

# They know the risks.

Its a free world, stop making relatives take precautions for their near and dear.

Helix, Don't you understand how far off the mark you are with your light touch to death and destruction via a motorbike "race" and your totally opposite acceptance /  opinion on Covid?

Maybe if we could glam up the deaths from Covid on the island?  Say, send the near dead from Covid to cannons to be splattered all over the bottom of Bray Hill? More sporting????

Would that make Covid deaths less or more acceptable to you? I am really struggling with your morality for a woke.

Generally as an island community that went totally OVER THE FUCKING TOP with locking up people for Covid "Offences" to SAVE LIFE.

We seen to have a very liberal attitude to the head removing, body splattering 5 gruesome deaths, and counting this year, that the TT organisers and fans  are responsible for

4 minutes ago, Boris Johnson said:

They do, we all do, in the main but.....

# They know the risks.

Its a free world, stop making relatives take precautions for their near and dear.

Helix, Don't you understand how far off the mark you are with your light touch to death and destruction via a motorbike "race" and your totally opposite acceptance /  opinion on Covid?

Maybe if we could glam up the deaths from Covid on the island?  Say, send the near dead from Covid to cannons to be splattered all over the bottom of Bray Hill? More sporting????

Would that make Covid deaths less or more acceptable to you? I am really struggling with your morality for a woke.

Generally as an island community that went totally OVER THE FUCKING TOP with locking up people for Covid "Offences" to SAVE LIFE.

We seen to have a very liberal attitude to the head removing, body splattering 5 gruesome deaths, and counting this year, that the TT organisers and fans  are responsible for

You've sure extrapolated a load of horseshit from me giving a second valid reason people are still using LFTs.

• Haha 2

42 minutes ago, Youaintseenme said:

Same in private sector.  If company policy is not to go to work but there are no restrictions to general life what do you expect people to do?

But if there’s no free tests available the non symptoms people will just go in & get on with it, the private sector one’s getting full pay won’t go in but the self employed, tradesmen will because no pay!

However I know a few larger private companies have been closely monitoring absences which will be taken into account for annual bonuses/pay rise 

The reason Companies adopt these policies is mostly because having a shed load of people off at the same time is inconvenient at best, especially office workers who tend to share office equipment, phones etc and are generally confined in small spaces with inadequate ventilation it is easier to try and contain it by excluding a spreader.    Also if they insisted they came to work knowing they were positive and someone caught it and croaked or were really ill there would be culpability claims etc.  better safe than screwed.

• Like 2

As a former naysayer that believed it was all over bar the shouting and if one is jabbed up then nothing to worry about, I have had my arse well and truly kicked.

Just had 2 days in bed after testing positve, up today but still feeling pretty dreadful. I'm 61 , triple jabbed and in reasonable nick for my age. I work part time in hospitality on zero hours contract so that's a weeks wage gone as well.

It is still out there & can still make you  quite ill. Just saying.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

19 minutes ago, The Central Scrutiniser said:

As a former naysayer that believed it was all over bar the shouting and if one is jabbed up then nothing to worry about, I have had my arse well and truly kicked.

Just had 2 days in bed after testing positve, up today but still feeling pretty dreadful. I'm 61 , triple jabbed and in reasonable nick for my age. I work part time in hospitality on zero hours contract so that's a weeks wage gone as well.

It is still out there & can still make you  quite ill. Just saying.

If it's any consolation, it would probably be a lot worse if you hadn't had your jabs.  The vaccines are still providing good protection against serious illness, but much less so against infection or reinfection.  And previous infection seems to be providing even less from the new sub-variants of Omicron.  We've seen this pattern before with protection against infection dropping pretty fast against those who hadn't been boosted.

It's quite worrying how many people have been badly hit this time, not least because it suggests that we will be seeing a lot more hospitalisation among the more vulnerable, though it's possible the Spring booster for over-70s etc will protect them more.  It certainly suggests Manx Care would be wise to extend their Autumn booster to younger people (say over-50s) though I noticed the most recent death (announced a couple of weeks ago) was someone in their 40s.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

If it's any consolation, it would probably be a lot worse if you hadn't had your jabs.  The vaccines are still providing good protection against serious illness, but much less so against infection or reinfection.  And previous infection seems to be providing even less from the new sub-variants of Omicron.  We've seen this pattern before with protection against infection dropping pretty fast against those who hadn't been boosted.

It's quite worrying how many people have been badly hit this time, not least because it suggests that we will be seeing a lot more hospitalisation among the more vulnerable, though it's possible the Spring booster for over-70s etc will protect them more.  It certainly suggests Manx Care would be wise to extend their Autumn booster to younger people (say over-50s) though I noticed the most recent death (announced a couple of weeks ago) was someone in their 40s.

It is a reminder to wear NP2/3 masks in indoor shops at all times to protect yourself. plus stay outdoors as much as possible while the good weather is here

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, alpha-acid said:

It is a reminder to wear NP2/3 masks in indoor shops at all times to protect yourself. plus stay outdoors as much as possible while the good weather is here

Maybe put a bucket on your head just in case too. You never know.