IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

6 hours ago, Newsdesk said:

Sorry but that’s nonsense. Even on an average wage basis those in the public sector still earn more proportionately than those risking it in the private sector. It’s supported year after year in the annual salary report. 

Earning more than average? Is that rich? Not in my eyes. 

On 6/24/2022 at 10:23 AM, HeliX said:

Easier to catch, too. I don't think I know anyone who averages a bout of flu more than once every 2 or 3 years. I know lots of people who have had covid twice in this year...

I agree. Prior to Covid, unless we had a particular bad year or a person was particularly prone to catching flu, the vast majority of healthily adults would have either dodged winter/ summer flu completely or suffered a relatively mild dose. Like you, I too know fully vaccinated people who have had Covid twice – in December and now in June, both times symptoms have been severe. I should point out that they are currently too ill to work, and it is their own family business, so there is no incentive for them to shirk the work!

Society simply cannot function when large swathes of population are getting seriously ill twice a year. My point is quite simple – in the last couple of weeks the UK Health Minister alluded to the possibility of extending the UK Autumn Booster programme to younger people. In order to ‘live with Covid’, the IOM absolutely must do the same. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

It is rife at the moment. I know several people who have it for the first time. Some have suffered badly, having to take a full week off work, some not too bad, just a couple of bad cold type days. Others I know are now on their third infection in 12 months. 

I also think they should offer a booster to anyone who wants one really.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Raffles said:

It is rife at the moment. I know several people who have it for the first time. Some have suffered badly, having to take a full week off work, some not too bad, just a couple of bad cold type days. Others I know are now on their third infection in 12 months. 

I also think they should offer a booster to anyone who wants one really.

Surely we have reached a point now whereby we have now realised that the vaccines and boosters don’t deliver what we thought they would. 

Most of my family have had the full schedule and boosters and pretty much all have had Covid since the turn of the year. Some pretty bad.

By all means we should continue with the vaccination rollout but we need to be aware that they aren’t really as effective as we hoped they would be at the start, and taking care of and improving our own health status should still be top priority. 

Edited by Danoo
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, code99 said:

I agree. Prior to Covid, unless we had a particular bad year or a person was particularly prone to catching flu, the vast majority of healthily adults would have either dodged winter/ summer flu completely or suffered a relatively mild dose. Like you, I too know fully vaccinated people who have had Covid twice – in December and now in June, both times symptoms have been severe. I should point out that they are currently too ill to work, and it is their own family business, so there is no incentive for them to shirk the work!

Society simply cannot function when large swathes of population are getting seriously ill twice a year. My point is quite simple – in the last couple of weeks the UK Health Minister alluded to the possibility of extending the UK Autumn Booster programme to younger people. In order to ‘live with Covid’, the IOM absolutely must do the same. 

If that happens in the UK we will do the same. We work from the same advice don't we?

It’s well and truly back and it’s no coincidence that the numbers have gone up post TT. After the deaths and now the Covid aftermath which will affect people’s well-being, as well as the economy, you have to think was the TT all really worth it. There are other forms of entertainment and ways to make money out there if that’s what the population and the government crave.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

27 minutes ago, Bill1977 said:

It’s well and truly back and it’s no coincidence that the numbers have gone up post TT. After the deaths and now the Covid aftermath which will affect people’s well-being, as well as the economy, you have to think was the TT all really worth it. There are other forms of entertainment and ways to make money out there if that’s what the population and the government crave.

They won't like you saying that.

Edited by 0bserver

28 minutes ago, Bill1977 said:

It’s well and truly back and it’s no coincidence that the numbers have gone up post TT. After the deaths and now the Covid aftermath which will affect people’s well-being, as well as the economy, you have to think was the TT all really worth it. 

More alarmist bullshit. What is the aftermath? Some people have had to take some more time off work as they’ve been a bit ill for a week. Businesses have struggled but it’s coming back on stream now. The hospital coped and nobody has died from covid. People like you need to stop posting all this alarmist shite about covid. If it was up to people like you nobody would be doing anything ever and the economy would be even deader than it is now. TT Week was brilliant in terms of economic activity and tourist numbers. It wasn’t brilliant from a PR or rider death perspective though. If we all got a bit of covid so what? The same will happen after Glastonbury this weekend but as the people who went there don’t all live and work in the same place you’ll never know. Unlike an Island like the IOM.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Danoo said:

Surely we have reached a point now whereby we have now realised that the vaccines and boosters don’t deliver what we thought they would. 

Most of my family have had the full schedule and boosters and pretty much all have had Covid since the turn of the year. Some pretty bad.

By all means we should continue with the vaccination rollout but we need to be aware that they aren’t really as effective as we hoped they would be at the start, and taking care of and improving our own health status should still be top priority. 

The vaccine works very well and stops people from suffering really badly and maybe dying.

It doesn't stop people being infected though. 

• Like 1

Just saying! People on here might not that afraid of it, but there are plenty who are and have vulnerable family members. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. A little bit of compassion and humility wouldn’t go amiss. Next people will be saying it’s no worse than the common cold.

On the note of Glastonbury you watch the case numbers saw and covid death numbers go up in the UK after this. Again there are other ways to generate money and be entertained, but of course the show must go on!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Bill1977 said:

Just saying! People on here might not that afraid of it, but there are plenty who are and have vulnerable family members. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. A little bit of compassion and humility wouldn’t go amiss. Next people will be saying it’s no worse than the common cold.

On the note of Glastonbury you watch the case numbers saw and covid death numbers go up in the UK after this. Again there are other ways to generate money and be entertained, but of course the show must go on!

Behave.

• Like 1

It’s no wonder everyone just does what they like when the likes of Boris are in charge. There’s a massive culture of selfishness around where people have no respect for others and just do what they like regardless of how it affects others. The covid situation and people’s attitudes to the TT highlight that clearly.

Edited by Bill1977
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Bill1977 said:

It’s no wonder everyone just does what they like when the likes of Boris in charge. There’s a massive culture of selfishness around where people have no respect for others and just do what they like regardless how it affects others. The covid situation and people’s attitudes to the TT highlight that clearly.

where does selfishness end, though? Some might consider it selfish seemingly wanting to end any participation in well attended events so that you feel a bit safer.

You have your boosters, wear masks if you will, etc etc, while I'll live my life and do the things I need to for my enjoyment of the short time we get down here.

edit - I was going to say that I'll be going across to watch QPR as soon as I can, but that won't necessarily fit into the criteria of well attended event. Or event, even. Sigh.

Edited by Hoops
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1