IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

On 7/2/2022 at 11:30 AM, Happier diner said:

I think it's funny when I see people wearing masks. They will wear one for hours. Then take it off, thus spreading whatever is on there all over their hands then rubbing their face with there hands. Then reusing the mask. 

Masks can be effective, but in most cases they are not.

To be fair, after several hours outside a host Covid has lost most of its infectivity. If the implication is that those particles on the outside of the mask would otherwise have landed on face/mouth it's likely still an improvement.

30 minutes ago, quilp said:

This is good. A member of the Sage sub-committee puts his thoughts forward on covid measures being 'relaxed' currently...

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2022/jul/05/pretending-covid-over-uk-government-virus-risk-public-health-measures

Won’t be much change in policies with Steve Barclay in charge of health. I do think we need to stop the constant testing & people should stay off if severe symptoms like we did with colds etc.

However we need to get the autumn booster program planned & rolled out promptly 

On 7/4/2022 at 12:29 AM, Jarndyce said:

Well, you win the white carnation…

I’m a Weegie, all the east coast vernacular is a pure mystery to me!

A weegie  fae Dyce in eberdeen? Glasgow ( or Glesga ) is my favourite city in the whole wild world. And for the record Doric is spoken more inland - Huntly , Turra , Foggylone kinda area , mebbe Mintlaw , New Pitsligo  n aw. Naway near the coast. Brochers spik a language even I canna fathom.

• 3 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Just drove through Ramsey hairpin. There’s three life size human gnomes wearing blue T shirts emblazoned with “ Justice for the Jabbed” standing around.

Not quite sure what to make of it

Courtenay Heading and his lot. They've taken to trying to get themselves seen out and about at busy events like the Gran Fondo a couple of weeks ago..

8 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Just drove through Ramsey hairpin. There’s three life size human gnomes wearing blue T shirts emblazoned with “ Justice for the Jabbed” standing around.

Not quite sure what to make of it

If it’s Ramsey it will be that loony Courtney Heading and his merry men. 

9 minutes ago, doc.fixit said:

Reported cases go down! Meaningless drivel by the Gubbmint.

If that’s what you think, take no notice of it. However, ONS survey in England shows a decrease, which for me at least is a good indicator that we’ll be seeing the same. 

• Like 3