IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

18 hours ago, doc.fixit said:

I wasn't implying there was no decrease! I was pointing out that without data how can you expect an accurate result?

Who says there is no data?

Some people may not report a positive test but in my own circle, everybody has reported theirs. Some people are lazy nomarks, who feel a frisson of excitement bursting through their tiny minds at the rebellion of not reporting, but most aren't. Most probably still report.

4 hours ago, Raffles said:

Some people may not report a positive test but in my own circle, everybody has reported theirs. Some people are lazy nomarks, who feel a frisson of excitement bursting through their tiny minds at the rebellion of not reporting, but most aren't. Most probably still report.

Doubt that what is the point? Everyone in my household has had covid in the last month. Nobody reported it as there is no point at all in reporting. It’s nothing to do with rebellion. It simply serves no useful purpose anymore other than to give covid obsessed people even more pointless data to stress over. 

• Like 4

On 7/30/2022 at 5:01 PM, BriT said:

Doubt that what is the point? Everyone in my household has had covid in the last month. Nobody reported it as there is no point at all in reporting. It’s nothing to do with rebellion. It simply serves no useful purpose anymore other than to give covid obsessed people even more pointless data to stress over. 

The government are currently asking that people report positive tests for public health surveillance purposes. This is a unique situation and if reporting helps in any way, why wouldn't one report. If your entire family cba that says everything i need to know about you and your family.

On 7/30/2022 at 12:38 PM, Raffles said:

Quite the opposite. Most people, if they test positive, have more important things going on in their lives to bother with reporting. Nothing to do with rebellion and everything to do with something called living life.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Raffles said:

The government are currently asking that people report positive tests for public health surveillance purposes. This is a unique situation and if reporting helps in any way, why wouldn't one report. If your entire family cba that says everything i need to know about you and your family.

At what point did I say that we couldn’t arsed? It simply serves no useful purpose at all so it is pointless activity. Very few people I know who got it after TT reported it either. Too busy trying to hold down our jobs and have a life again when we were made to stay at home for a week.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Lxxx said:

Quite the opposite. Most people, if they test positive, have more important things going on in their lives to bother with reporting. Nothing to do with rebellion and everything to do with something called living life.

The problem being that you can't effectively manage an issue if you have duff data...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, P.K. said:

The problem being that you can't effectively manage an issue if you have duff data...

We didn't effectively manage it with good data so what would be the point of collecting more data. It would be a total waste of money. 

We dont ask people to report flu or warts or colds or in fact anything. If you are ill, go to the doctors.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

I don't like getting confusing you reactions @quilp

Maybe I didn't explain myself very well. 

I am thinking that we have enough data without asking people to report positive tests. I believe that surveillance data is used here and in the UK and that this is sufficient. 

Most people would not test now if they felt a bit under the weather,  even less likely to report it and therefore using reported positives is no longer a good measure of infection rates. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, cissolt said:

I took the same approach to providing accurate data to government as they have to us.  Government sticking with data that they knew was wrong is inexcusable, why should I trust them to report anything accurately?

Sure their track record isn't that great, to put it mildly, but if people do not report their positive tests I can absolutely guarantee that gov will be unable to effectively manage the scenario.

And all because some folks cba to do something quick and simple for the general good. Unless, of course, they have an ulterior motive....

16 minutes ago, P.K. said:

Sure their track record isn't that great, to put it mildly, but if people do not report their positive tests I can absolutely guarantee that gov will be unable to effectively manage the scenario.

And all because some folks cba to do something quick and simple for the general good. Unless, of course, they have an ulterior motive....

But the advice is that you don't need to report it. 'Encouraged for surveillance purposes'.