IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

1 hour ago, thesultanofsheight said:

I used the word synergies ... surely there might be synergies ... That’s why I used the word synergies. 

I'm like that when I've just learned a clever sounding new word. I can't get enough of it.

Edited by pongo
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

15 hours ago, dilligaf said:

Seen mine three times in about 6 weeks no problem. Maybe depend on how serious the issue is 

It might depend on the practice, or maybe I have a red flag on my record.

Phoned a few moths ago about seeing if I could change my medication to one that a friend recommended.

I phoned on a Friday afternoon and was offered a face to face or online appointment on Monday.

4 hours ago, thesultanofsheight said:

This is the line that’s constantly getting twisted on this forum. Nobody is saying that our government hasn’t done a good job at the start of all this. They’ve done really well. But the 14 day system here is too loose and relies purely on voluntary compliance, there is a lack of transparency around almost everything, and there is no communicable exit plan. Just like there is no exit plan in the UK. And here they’re far too busy pandering to hysterical nutters who would be happy for the IOM to be shut down for years such is their irrational fear and paranoia of covid that they won’t take sensible risks through fear of public backlash. Testing allows people to deal with knowns not unknowns and has to be the logical step.

You can't create an "exit strategy" with so many unknowns in play. The major one on the way being what effect the winter months will have. Because as yet nobody really knows. But what is known is that other virus infections such as cold and flu flourish in winter weather.

You also need to treat the UK as a complete and utter basket case with it's only merit being that it leads the world on how not to deal with a pandemic. I also wouldn't bother looking to other populist countries run by idiots in denial like the US and Brazil.

In other words it's a bit too early to complain about lack of forward planning. But I think you can rest assured that in terms of lack of forward planning Bozo and his government of Brexiteers will continue to demonstrate just how world class they are....

• Like 3

1 hour ago, P.K. said:

You can't create an "exit strategy" with so many unknowns in play. The major one on the way being what effect the winter months will have. Because as yet nobody really knows. But what is known is that other virus infections such as cold and flu flourish in winter weather.

You also need to treat the UK as a complete and utter basket case with it's only merit being that it leads the world on how not to deal with a pandemic. I also wouldn't bother looking to other populist countries run by idiots in denial like the US and Brazil.

In other words it's a bit too early to complain about lack of forward planning. But I think you can rest assured that in terms of lack of forward planning Bozo and his government of Brexiteers will continue to demonstrate just how world class they are....

Well we all have different opinions but I am in the test on arrival camp, it doesn't have to be its negative you can go free for all areas but something similar to Jersey & what Guernsey have already set out for next phase. What CI are doing is having country & region classification where some areas may be test on arrival, then another on Day 5 and if both negative then you can leave house etc, other areas are 14 days isolation no matter what.

also the decision to stop non residents coming in even if they do 7 days is without reason as I could go to Bolton tomorrow for say 4 weeks and come back and be out in 7 days if negative but a non resident parent from say the Isles of Scilly or Dorset village can't come in as they are consider a bigger risk?

Howie & co do need to get some sort of plan together rather than the present position and I think some of the Tynwald questions are designed to tease out plans. It's also interesting to note that Bozo is in the no testing at ports camp similar strategy to Howie!!

Edited by Banker
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Banker said:

Well we all have different opinions but I am in the test on arrival camp, it doesn't have to be its negative you can go free for all areas but something similar to Jersey & what Guernsey have already set out for next phase. What CI are doing is having country & region classification where some areas may be test on arrival, then another on Day 5 and if both negative then you can leave house etc, other areas are 14 days isolation no matter what.

also the decision to stop non residents coming in even if they do 7 days is without reason as I could go to Bolton tomorrow for say 4 weeks and come back and be out in 7 days if negative but a non resident parent from say the Isles of Scilly or Dorset village can't come in as they are consider a bigger risk?

Howie & co do need to get some sort of plan together rather than the present position and I think some of the Tynwald questions are designed to tease out plans.

What part of "testing on arrival is a risky waste of time and effort" is it that you don't understand?

• Like 1

Just now, P.K. said:

What part of "testing on arrival is a risky waste of time and effort" is it that you don't understand?

Ok so you're in the Bozo camp ? why are more successful countries like Germany & Italy plus Jersey using it then ? As I say the story my opinion plus many others and they use a risk based assessment, you just been argumentative abou others opinions adds nothing. 

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Banker said:

Ok so you're in the Bozo camp ? why are more successful countries like Germany & Italy plus Jersey using it then ? As I say the story my opinion plus many others and they use a risk based assessment, you just been argumentative abou others opinions adds nothing. 

Not being argumentative at all.

Let's just say I believe what @rachomics posts. Because it makes sense.

Edited by P.K.
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, P.K. said:

Not being argumentative at all.

Let's just say I believe what @rachomics posts. Because it makes sense.

Fair enough that’s your opinion but there are others and as I say the Medical experts in larger countries who I guess are very experienced have a different view to our ones.

the ban on non residents even if they isolate is irrational 

• Sad 2

21 minutes ago, Banker said:

Fair enough that’s your opinion but there are others and as I say the Medical experts in larger countries who I guess are very experienced have a different view to our ones.

No. It's not my opinion.

It's scientific advice from someone who knows more about it than you or I.

So do you think she's lying?

26 minutes ago, Banker said:

The ban on non-residents is perfectly rational. The Isle of Man is not providing managed quarantine facilities (as say New Zealand is) so people need somewhere to stay to isolate on arrival and the support system to maintain them in that self-isolation.  Effectively that means they have to be resident in some way or other.

You may not agree with some of the details of how this is done (I'm not convinced myself) or may think that there should be the ability to self-isolate in hotels or other options where commercial support can be provided (though there may be capacity issues or worries about cross-contamination of staff and possibly keyworkers) but the basic principle is perfectly logical.

As to what "Medical experts in larger countries" believe, on past experience you may need to check to see if you are misreading their opinions based on your hopes rather than what they are actually saying in situations that are very different to here.

• Like 1