IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

I myself would not think it would make one iota of difference if I did or did not report my positive tests.

This government would not be able to manage covid under any scenario, any positive outcomes during the pandemic was down to the gmp or pure luck as the Ranson case has proved. In fact I would go as far to say the government is incapable of finding its own ass with both hands

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, P.K. said:

Sure their track record isn't that great, to put it mildly, but if people do not report their positive tests I can absolutely guarantee that gov will be unable to effectively manage the scenario.

And all because some folks cba to do something quick and simple for the general good. Unless, of course, they have an ulterior motive....

by this, I take it you are referring to the government

58 minutes ago, cissolt said:

I took the same approach to providing accurate data to government as they have to us.  Government sticking with data that they knew was wrong is inexcusable, why should I trust them to report anything accurately?

For public health surveillance purposes I voluntarily tried to report my athletes foot outbreak to them the other week. I thought it might help them profile any concerning athletes foot trends in the IOM. They told me to sod off. I probably should have said monkey pox. That seems to be the next paranoid hoax. 

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Passing Time said:

How do you manage with colds and Flu doc?

Irrelevant. A cold isn't lethal and the flu only kills about 0.1%, covid has a much higher rate.

One reason to report positive results is to try to work out the fatality and serious illness risk, amongst other reasons. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Raffles said:

Oh dear. Seems tin foil hatters abound on this forum, I hadn't realised.

You need to read the flat earth thread🤣

On second thoughts, nobody needs to read the flat earth thread.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Happier diner said:

I don't like getting confusing you reactions @quilp

Maybe I didn't explain myself very well.

The comparison below I thought weak...

6 hours ago, Happier diner said:

We dont ask people to report flu or warts or colds or in fact anything.

Pretty sure there are obligations in some cases of disease.

6 hours ago, Happier diner said:

If you are ill, go to the doctors.

That's it. 

19 hours ago, Lxxx said:

Quite the opposite. Most people, if they test positive, have more important things going on in their lives to bother with reporting. Nothing to do with rebellion and everything to do with something called living life.

It’s hardly a complicated form. Basically “do you have covid y/n”. Takes about 5 seconds. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, quilp said:

The comparison below I thought weak...

Pretty sure there are obligations in some cases of disease.

That's it. 

There are notifiable diseases but the obligation to report is on the diagnosing doctor, I think, rather thannthe patient. 

• Thanks 2

12 hours ago, P.K. said:

Sure their track record isn't that great, to put it mildly, but if people do not report their positive tests I can absolutely guarantee that gov will be unable to effectively manage the scenario.

And all because some folks cba to do something quick and simple for the general good. Unless, of course, they have an ulterior motive....

More likely that people aren’t even testing so have nothing to report.

I haven’t heard of anyone doing a test since that couplE of weeks after TT.

28 minutes ago, Asthehills said:

More likely that people aren’t even testing so have nothing to report.

I haven’t heard of anyone doing a test since that couplE of weeks after TT.

I tested yesterday as I felt pretty crappy - just like I did when I had it in March.

The reason I tested was because I have a close family member with cancer and I don't want to put him at risk, not only because of his vulnerability, but also because he has to go across later this week for more treatment and so it would be a terrible time for him to get covid. 

I tested negative, and I'm going to test again today to be sure. Will I report a positive test? Yes, I would, because it's the right thing to do. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2