IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

I’ll test first thing tomorrow. I’ve a hospital appointment at Clatterbridge. They don’t require a test, but I don’t want to take covid in.

Ill also test if I’ve symptoms. I’m entitled to urgent antivirals if I test positive, so I’ll also ring 111 and report.

Its called being responsible and taking care of yourself.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 4

2 hours ago, John Wright said:

I’ll test first thing tomorrow. I’ve a hospital appointment at Clatterbridge. They don’t require a test, but I don’t want to take covid in.

Ill also test if I’ve symptoms. I’m entitled to urgent antivirals if I test positive, so I’ll also ring 111 and report.

Its called being responsible and taking care of yourself.

Exactly this! 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, doc.fixit said:

With difficulty. I reckon if flue was rife then there may be a reporting need with that too. (maybe).

I fully feel for people who are vunerable but this constant fear mongering by governments is doing nobody any favours. You don't see them publishing figures for colds and flu yet certain people suffer badly with those

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Passing Time said:

I fully feel for people who are vunerable but this constant fear mongering by governments is doing nobody any favours. You don't see them publishing figures for colds and flu yet certain people suffer badly with those

Grow up.

• Like 1

On 8/1/2022 at 5:09 PM, P.K. said:

The problem being that you can't effectively manage an issue if you have duff data...

Effectively manage what issue? The rest of the world have moved on, it's only an issue with the small minority who have become quite attached to the drama of the past few years. 

• Like 1

On 8/2/2022 at 9:06 AM, Zarley said:

I tested yesterday as I felt pretty crappy - just like I did when I had it in March.

The reason I tested was because I have a close family member with cancer and I don't want to put him at risk, not only because of his vulnerability, but also because he has to go across later this week for more treatment and so it would be a terrible time for him to get covid. 

I tested negative, and I'm going to test again today to be sure. Will I report a positive test? Yes, I would, because it's the right thing to do. 

But what if you test negative but you just have a mild case of influenza instead, which has just as much risk as COVID. You fine with subjecting them to the flu but not COVID? Which just underscores the absolute absurdity of it all. If you're under the weather stay at home, regardless of what some faint lines on a cheap Chinese made test may or may not indicate.

• Thanks 1

On 8/2/2022 at 12:52 PM, Passing Time said:

Colds and flu are less transmissible. Though the reality is that those who are exceptionally vulnerable might just have to plan around avoiding particularly risky scenarios any time there's a bit of an outbreak, based on their own levels of acceptable risks. Same way I avoid the less sanitary looking cafés when there's a noro outbreak.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lxxx said:

But what if you test negative but you just have a mild case of influenza instead, which has just as much risk as COVID. You fine with subjecting them to the flu but not COVID? Which just underscores the absolute absurdity of it all. If you're under the weather stay at home, regardless of what some faint lines on a cheap Chinese made test may or may not indicate.

Influenza is less transmissible. Everyone who makes this argument seems to intentionally ignore that.

Weird dig at the LFTs at the end. Chinese made stuff hasn't been "cheap" in terms of quality since about the 80s.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, HeliX said:

Influenza is less transmissible. Everyone who makes this argument seems to intentionally ignore that.

Weird dig at the LFTs at the end. Chinese made stuff hasn't been "cheap" in terms of quality since about the 80s.

So if you had a close relative with cancer you would be prepared to go round there with the flu but not COVID? A combination of high levels of immunity and and the reduced severity of the Omicron variant has rendered Covid-19 less lethal than influenza so it makes no sense. 

Time to crack on using common sense again.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Lxxx said:

So if you had a close relative with cancer you would be prepared to go round there with the flu but not COVID? A combination of high levels of immunity and and the reduced severity of the Omicron variant has rendered Covid-19 less lethal than influenza so it makes no sense. 

Time to crack on using common sense again.

Of course not, but I'd go into M&S with flu but not COVID (or not unmasked anyway).

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1