IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

33 minutes ago, Lxxx said:

So if you had a close relative with cancer you would be prepared to go round there with the flu but not COVID? A combination of high levels of immunity and and the reduced severity of the Omicron variant has rendered Covid-19 less lethal than influenza so it makes no sense. 

Time to crack on using common sense again.

I think people say flu, when they mean a cold. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, The Old Git said:

I had it once over millennium year and could hardly get out of bed for the fortnight. 

I’ve had staff at work off for three days with “flu”. Bollocks. 

It varies in severity both in terms of yearly strain and individual who's infected. You probably got unlucky, they probably got lucky.

1 hour ago, manxfisherman said:

Reports from the Australian winter suggesting that influenza is making something of a comeback, so that'll be something to look forward to when the immunity debt catches up.  

You don't get immunity from Covid it has to be boosted all the time and flu is normal every winter what are you talking about

• Haha 1

There is a a degree of egocentricity about viral  symptoms  - almost a declension : 

I   am/ I was..

really,  ill. .. Let me tell you about it! - I’m not one to moan/ bother the doctor!.. No, This was real, proper  flu -  April 1999 ..I was …Il. “ Stay off work ?- I could hardly get out of me bed, I can tell you..

You .. are/ You were ..  

a bit unwell., It’s not nice is it ? Sympathies. Yes, difficult.. Yes,  OK  don’t go on about it .Yawn.

They are /They  were..  

Wimps ! .Snowflakes ! Call that ill ?  2days!  Bit of a cold  more like ! ..  Skivers.

Edited by hampsterkahn
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, hampsterkahn said:

There is a a degree of egocentricity about viral  symptoms  - almost a declension : 

I   am/ I was..

really,  ill. .. Let me tell you about it! - I’m not one to moan/ bother the doctor!.. No, This was real, proper  flu -  April 1999 ..it was …Il?  “ Stay off work ?- I could hardly get out of me bed, I can tell you..

You .. are/ You were ..  

a bit unwell., It’s not nice is it ? Sympathies. Yes, difficult.. Yes,  OK  don’t go on about it .Yawn.

They are /They  were..  

Wimps ! .Snowflakes ! Call that ill ?  2days!  Bit of a cold  more like ! ..  Skivers.

LSD possibly

49 minutes ago, manxfisherman said:

Here go the police again.

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/chief-constable-lockdowns-have-fuelled-disregard-for-law/

You'll note he takes the easy route of blaming the public they are supposed to support rather than the policies they enforce

Unless I'm mistaken, the vast majority of the public seem able to abide by any laws/policies introduced, so how is it that the police's/laws/policies fault? 

You only have to read the local rags/online to see that quite a few local people seemingly disregard the theft laws, for example.  And the drugs laws.  And the public order laws.  And the licensing laws.   Who's fault is that? 

How would you propose changing the laws/policies to remove any blame/culpability from the public being held responsible for their own actions? 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, manxfisherman said:

Here go the police again.

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/chief-constable-lockdowns-have-fuelled-disregard-for-law/

You'll note he takes the easy route of blaming the public they are supposed to support rather than the policies they enforce

Gary Roberts would perhaps be best to reflect on how he and his officers acted over the covid restrictions if he wants to get to the bottom of this perceived lack of respect. They acted like the state storm troopers and had 70 odd people banged up for such heinous crimes as putting petrol in their car. They also seemed to go on a purge for easy targets or people they already had it in for empowered by emergency laws they knew the courts would enforce without question. A lot of people lost all respect for the police after that. It would be interesting to see what % of the population we jailed compared to anywhere else in the world in the independent covid audit we’ve been told will be happening. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Mysteron said:

Unless I'm mistaken, the vast majority of the public seem able to abide by any laws/policies introduced, so how is it that the police's/laws/policies fault? 

You only have to read the local rags/online to see that quite a few local people seemingly disregard the theft laws, for example.  And the drugs laws.  And the public order laws.  And the licensing laws.   Who's fault is that? 

How would you propose changing the laws/policies to remove any blame/culpability from the public being held responsible for their own actions? 

The assumption is that people are supposed to respect the police and the law. If you see the police being brainless stormtroopers enforcing laws you know to be disgusting breaches of common sense how are you supposed to have respect for them?

Just think of some of the 'crimes' people committed during covid. Fleeing domestic abuse, buying petrol or sandwiches, walking the dog, drinking wine with your friend. A teenager killed himself with the welcome to jail pack after being arrested for not wearing a mask at tesco and kicking off a bit. 

The police should not be surprised that the excesses of covid laws may have contributed to a degree of lawlessness, and neither should anyone else.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, manxfisherman said:

A teenager killed himself with the welcome to jail pack after being arrested for not wearing a mask at tesco and kicking off a bit. 

Let’s also not forget the care home owner who tried to kill herself while trumped up charges that were subsequently completely thrown out of court were being pursued by his Covid stormtroopers. So much shameful behaviour that will never be forgotten. He shouldn’t be surprised in the least. 

• Like 4