IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

4 hours ago, Roxanne said:

Just reported on radio 4 that U.K. infections are up by 1/3 this week. No one seems to know why. 

That's what I heard - I think it said hospital admissions were up due to Covid. 

https://www.iomtoday.co.im/news/covid-19-review-to-start-next-month-566115

The independent review into the government’s handling of the Covid-19 pandemic will begin next month. Chair Kate Brunner KC visited the Isle of Man last week with her team for a familiarisation week ahead of evidence gathering.

Unlike a statutory inquiry that would gather evidence by way of public hearings, the methodology for independent reviews is entirely flexible. 

Reviews generally use a wide range of methods of evidence gathering and don’t usually follow the format of court-like hearings. 

• 2 weeks later...

I went for a doctor's appointment today. As I walked down the corridor to see him, he suddenly appeared at the far end in mask, full-face visor, apron and surgical gloves. "Hang on" he said. "Will you wear a mask?"

"Yes,of course. If it makes you feel better."

"hang on." (again)

He deftly slipped into his office and produced a (basically useless) surgical mask, offered with outstretched arm. After entering he closed the door and ushered me to chair in the opposite corner of the room, a couple of metres away. There he sat; mask, full-face visor, apron and gloves, looking pensive.

"Is there a problem then?" I asked, indicating to the PPE...

"Well there's quite a bit of covid going about! Can't take any chances!" he exclaimed. 

I remarked that I'd completely forgotten about covid (I had, almost).

"H-mm." was his response, he eyed me keenly from behind the mask. And that was it- on with the consultation.

I left feeling more uncomfortable about our exchange around covid than I did about the probing, yet reassuring, finger up the bumhole.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, manxfisherman said:

£9m on LFTs. Mental.

How many did you all use? I used 4, still got 2.

Dozens. But I do have vulnerable family who I did a lot of shopping for.

I've used 1 since I got Covid months ago. I was very clearly ill for 3-4 days before the LFTs agreed with me when I actually had it. Now only use them if I'm obviously ill.

covid is back in the UK in a big way , and everywhere I have been on the isle of man recently  the sanitiser dispensers are empty ,and everyone seems to be dropping their guard , time to wise up again and take precautions  or we will be back to having restrictions and masks again 

5 hours ago, Omobono said:

covid is back in the UK in a big way , and everywhere I have been on the isle of man recently  the sanitiser dispensers are empty ,and everyone seems to be dropping their guard , time to wise up again and take precautions  or we will be back to having restrictions and masks again 

Certainly is back - many who went to a convention at Kents Hill in Milton Keynes succumbed.

8 hours ago, Numbnuts said:

Interesting the priority 5 booster injections were due to start on 10th October but letters havent started to go out yet apparently. Could be a panic on shortly to get them done if infections keep rising .

Was with a family member in Chester street yesterday & there seems plenty of capacity there with nurses waiting for people to come through, the flu station with nurse had no one through in time we were there 

• Like 1