IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

44 minutes ago, John Wright said:

1. Yes.

2. I had mine because im still clinically vulnerable. Paul is having his because he’s off on extended skiing in January February March. In 2020 the resort was locked down and no one was allowed in or out for a fortnight. We’d been tipped off and he left two days before. Hopefully there won’t be a wave or a lock down, but if there is then being fully vaccinated and boosted May help.

Totally get that, I am currently trying to convince my elderly Mum to have one for the same reasons.

I am wondering what the take up will be amongst those who aren’t vulnerable?  My gut feeling is it will be much lower than before.  

I too, after seeing the announcement today , tried to book on line. I got to the end of questions etc and had this message 

• The vaccination status for the supplied person does not allow to automatically create an appointment. Please contact the 111 service via email (111@gov.im) or call 111

Had already emailed overnight so will wait and see what happens. It is a bit of a mix up tbh and not sure why they disregarded the originally plan.  

Edited by Numbnuts

6 minutes ago, Banker said:

Managed to book this afternoon with choice of times/dates early November, If you just want a flu jab it doesn’t allow that & assumes everyone will want flu jab & Covid on same day whilst I would rather have separately in case of any reaction 

If you want a separate flu jab (and qualify) I think you can ask for one from your GP surgery.  Aren't Boots offering as well?  I'd already had mine done as I didn't know how long they would be dithering over the Covid jabs, and my confirmation e-mail only mentions the Covid, so they must be able to give only that.

14 minutes ago, Banker said:

Managed to book this afternoon with choice of times/dates early November, If you just want a flu jab it doesn’t allow that & assumes everyone will want flu jab & Covid on same day whilst I would rather have separately in case of any reaction 

Except that having the flu jab at the same time as your covid booster is an opt in for convenience, if you want to. Otherwise most GP’s and some pharmacies are offering flu jabs.

Kensington is offering a Saturday morning drop in. Palatine sent out texts ( mine arrived, ironically, a week after the flu jab had appeared on my patient access/nhs app record.)

You pitch up at Chester St for your covid jab and ask if you also want flu.

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

If you want a separate flu jab (and qualify) I think you can ask for one from your GP surgery.  Aren't Boots offering as well?  I'd already had mine done as I didn't know how long they would be dithering over the Covid jabs, and my confirmation e-mail only mentions the Covid, so they must be able to give only that.

I had mine at my pharmacy, Karsons, a couple of weeks ago. Booked in for booster on 08/11 but hoping for a short notice appointment this week. 

Well fair play to 111 as had a reply to my email first thing this morning with a time and date. November 8th which gives me a nice time before trip away in case of any reaction. Not expecting one as been fine with the other three. Must admit that my dealings with anything Covid related have been very good as far as 111 goes ,yes issues with organisation of the whole sequence but the nurses/staff at the coalface should be commended. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, John Wright said:

Except that having the flu jab at the same time as your covid booster is an opt in for convenience, if you want to. Otherwise most GP’s and some pharmacies are offering flu jabs.

Kensington is offering a Saturday morning drop in. Palatine sent out texts ( mine arrived, ironically, a week after the flu jab had appeared on my patient access/nhs app record.)

You pitch up at Chester St for your covid jab and ask if you also want flu.

Agreed, John.

I had my Booster, (Actually Covid Jab No 6) at Chester Street, 2 weeks ago, and they also gave me the 'flu jab, which I requested to be injected in the same arm.

No adverse reaction - apart from a little stiffness. (Never a bad thing, at my age!)

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, thommo2010 said:

Nope still not had it, work colleagues are on their 2nd and 3rd round 

I had it once. It was no worse than a bad bout of flu. I can’t see that I’ll be bothered to have another booster on that basis. Just as I can’t be bothered having a flu jab when the worst case scenario is feeling a bit shit for a few days and possibly having a few days off work.