IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

On 10/21/2022 at 5:02 PM, hampsterkahn said:

Dr John Campbell started producing some excellent videos in the early days of the pandemic and has continued since.

His approach certainly has changed since then, I agree.

Sadly.

His report on the two neonatal death spikes in Scotland  where the neonatal mortality rate went from around 2  per thousand births to,4.9 - a rate not seen since the 1980s is disturbing 

but.. there was no mention that both  increases coincided exactly with a very large number of under fives also getting ill, attending A&E for example.There were no Covid related deaths and very largely these children  had RSV  - respiratory syncytial virus infections.We don’t have a breakdown of the neonatal death causes but there is no evidence to implicate vaccination.

Saying "but there is no evidence to implicate vaccination" sounds a little like 'doctors' in the 60's, 70's & 80's saying "there is no direct evidence linking smoking to cancer"..

3 hours ago, quaylaM said:

Saying "but there is no evidence to implicate vaccination" sounds a little like 'doctors' in the 60's, 70's & 80's saying "there is no direct evidence linking smoking to cancer"..

That is neither relevant or accurate.The definitive work which  firmly and finally established a link between mortality and smoking was a study ( by prof. Doll) of British doctors smoking habits  -way  back in 1951.

4 hours ago, quaylaM said:

As hampsterkahn has already told you, your assertion is fallacious.  I would add that there is the world of difference between causation, correlation and fabrication: two of which are the bread and butter of conspiracy theorists.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, hampsterkahn said:

That is neither relevant or accurate.The definitive work which  firmly and finally established a link between mortality and smoking was a study ( by prof. Doll) of British doctors smoking habits  -way  back in 1951.

Even earlier than that, Hitler wanted to ban it completely as research scientists in Germany had made the connection between smoking and cancer by the late 30's, early 40's. 

6 hours ago, quaylaM said:

Dr Campbell has more than 2.5m subscribers on Youtube - not for no reason. He, along with many others, is now calling for a public enquiry into the alarming number of 'excess deaths' now happening. He isn't quite saying 'the vaccine' but the conclusions are looking increasingly obvious..

Let me give you the overview of "Science 101" in your first semester of university in a science subject. 

Scientists with any real facts, knowledge, references, peer-reviewed-articles-in-journals-with-a-decent-impact-factor don't use Youtube/Bitchute as their main way to disseminate scientific information. The number of followers is irrelevant.

For anyone who is scientifically literate, the sharing of a Youtube/Bitchute video is a classic sign of what is known in the field as "quackery". 

My advice? Don't fall for the Youtube/Bitchute/Courtney disinformation. Go get a biology degree first so you know what the scientific literature is, and how to read it, interpret it, and critique it. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, rachomics said:

Let me give you the overview of "Science 101" in your first semester of university in a science subject. 

Scientists with any real facts, knowledge, references, peer-reviewed-articles-in-journals-with-a-decent-impact-factor don't use Youtube/Bitchute as their main way to disseminate scientific information. The number of followers is irrelevant.

For anyone who is scientifically literate, the sharing of a Youtube/Bitchute video is a classic sign of what is known in the field as "quackery". 

My advice? Don't fall for the Youtube/Bitchute/Courtney disinformation. Go get a biology degree first so you know what the scientific literature is, and how to read it, interpret it, and critique it. 

I only put a smiley face because I do not know if there is an imoji for, Dude you got bitch slapped. And this has nothing to do with the gender of the doer or the recipient. This is just plain funny. 🤡 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, rachomics said:

" A quack is a "fraudulent or ignorant pretender to medical skill" "

So are you saying that Campbell is not a doctor, and that the document references he provides in the videos are fake?

21 minutes ago, Two-lane said:

So are you saying that Campbell is not a doctor, and that the document references he provides in the videos are fake?

He's not a doctor in the sense you're using there.  According to Wiki he has a Ph.D. in nursing from the University of Bolton.  The doctorate was awarded in 2013 for work on developing teaching methods using digital media such as online videos.  So even his PhD is more related to education and communication, rather than directly to medicine.  He's a trained nurse and a skilled educator and no doubt knows a lot, but he has no background in medical research or epidemiology.

I'm sure his references are genuine and I don't think he is being controversial for clicks or money, but he doesn't seem to fully understand some of the papers he discusses and doesn't consider other possible reasons for medical phenomenon.

• Like 1

Dr John Campbell produced some really very well-presented videos a couple of years back.He has a long career in nurse education and his gathering and presentation of relevant information on his evening videos were both  skillful and credible.

He is not, as he frequently points out, medically qualified and makes a point that he is not offering medical advice.

Unfortunately, I find that the manner in which he presents his “news” has changed a great deal.

There seems less objectivity and a recourse to rather theatrical  looks of disbelief and  incredulous  stares to the camera  when commenting on reports and recently we had  him disingenuously showing his own opened pack of ivermectin which he asserts he says he is only using for the data sheet recommendations …

Edited by hampsterkahn
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, hampsterkahn said:

Dr John Campbell produced some really very well-presented videos a couple of years back...

Unfortunately, I find that the manner in which he presents his “news” has changed a great deal.

There seems less objectivity and a recourse to rather theatrical  looks of disbelief and  incredulous stares to the camera  when commenting on reports...

It is disappointing that JC's content and delivery has recently diversified. His initial videos were objective, and some of his predictions around Covid were realised.

I even bought a new fountain pen.

Has he earned money from his YouTube vids? I don't know how it works...