IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

16 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

No they are not. They have to be off sick now same as everyone else. No isolation holidays

Not what staff on ground say but as they get 6 months full pay off & take double private sector sickness absence then I suppose they can call it what they want!!

36 minutes ago, Jarndyce said:

Obviously we will never know: but I can’t help speculating on what you’d be posting here if thousands of old folk had died “needlessly” because the Quayle administration “hadn’t done enough” to protect them.   I’m guessing that you wouldn’t be praising them for “getting it right”.

If you look at what’s still going on in China we were just conned into emulating an oppressive regime that basically gets off on brutalising it’s population for fun. 

Edited by offshoremanxman
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Banker said:

Not what staff on ground say but as they get 6 months full pay off & take double private sector sickness absence then I suppose they can call it what they want!!

FFS, why can't you just give it a fucking rest.?

What you don't know you will continue to make up.

All your repetitive belly-aching will make no difference.

Buffoon...

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Asthehills said:

Does anyone have any insight from any businesses that are still running a COVID policy or have most just forgotten about it?

Ours is still "please don't come to the office with Covid", but we're well equipped for working entirely from home as a business, so the situation may be different were that not the case.

22 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

If you look at what’s still going on in China we were just conned into emulating an oppressive regime that basically gets off on brutalising it’s population for fun.

Well, OK - Quayle administration emulated China in deciding their response to covid - it’s a point of view…I don’t remember being brutalised myself but fair enough…

(backs away slowly…)

23 minutes ago, Jarndyce said:

Well, OK - Quayle administration emulated China in deciding their response to covid - it’s a point of view…I don’t remember being brutalised myself but fair enough…

(backs away slowly…)

But then you’re not one of the 70 odd people in the IOM that ended up in jail I’d assume. 

9 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:
34 minutes ago, Jarndyce said:

(backs away slowly…)

But then you’re not one of the 70 odd people in the IOM that ended up in jail I’d assume

No, you are correct - I’m not (I’d assume that you are).   Out of interest - do you have a link to show how many were actually jailed for breaking covid rules over the period?   Genuine question.

However, if Jurby exercise a brutalist regime, equivalent to what goes on in Chinese prisons, then your energies might be better directed to prison reform, rather than posting on an anonymous forum.    Have you considered standing for Tynwald on a “prison reform” platform?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, quilp said:

FFS, why can't you just give it a fucking rest.?

What you don't know you will continue to make up.

All your repetitive belly-aching will make no difference.

Buffoon...

Obviously a civil servant!! Just because facts don’t fit your rose tinted opinion idiot!

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Banker said:

Obviously a civil servant!! Just because facts don’t fit your rose tinted opinion idiot!

but you are not quoting facts. You are blindly speculating. Your 'man on the ground' is telling you things that are not correct.

PS I am not a civil servant either. But I do know that government policy to covid is that is now to be treated like any similar disease (e.g flu) . If you are too ill to work then go off sick. Don't spread it around. No need to test, no need to isolate. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

but you are not quoting facts. You are blindly speculating. Your 'man on the ground' is telling you things that are not correct.

PS I am not a civil servant either. But I do know that government policy to covid is that is now to be treated like any similar disease (e.g flu) . If you are too ill to work then go off sick. Don't spread it around. No need to test, no need to isolate. 

It’s fact that public sector take lots more sickness absence than private sector & that they get 6 months full pay &6 m half pay & it’s fact that little disciplinary action taken! Recently reported meat plant that staff worked only 75% of their hours!!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

In 2021, sickness absence rates for public and private sector workers were 3.0% and 1.9% respectively, both up 0.3 percentage points from their 2020 rates. Sickness absence rates for public sector workers have been consistently higher than those for private sector workers for every year on record.
Source ONS

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Banker said:

It’s fact that public sector take lots more sickness absence than private sector & that they get 6 months full pay &6 m half pay

Well, it’s fact that there is a sliding scale of sick pay entitlement, based on duration of employment, where “six months full / six months half / no pay” is the maximum entitlement attainable…and moves were afoot some years ago to reduce this entitlement, IIRC.